1.0.7k (2 Sept 2021)
- If, when the player earns an achievement, the game cannot connect to the game server, after 60 seconds an alert now appears about the issue, suggesting a restart. Pending achievements are now included in the saved game so they can be unlocked after restarting and loading the game (assuming the game can connect to the server then).
- Moose calves are not being spawned.
- In Basic Vegetation mode, grass grows on the SC wagon trail.
- Upper Hornaday Creek has gone dry.
1.0.7j (27 August 2021)
- Reduced the maximum orangish-brown tint on NPC wolves.
Refinements to and clean-up of primary and secondary howl audio.
- Several login issues.
- Sometimes game doesn't show proper feedback after saving.
- Pressing enter (and then clicking Save) after editing wolf bio doesn't apply changes.
- "Pups left outside" alert appears even if mate stays back at den.
- Loading a saved game with a nine-year-old wolf will not unlock Age 8 achievements.
- Perks currently selected in a saved game (saved before 1.0.7h release) aren't counted toward Well-Rounded Wolf achievement.
- Carcass Conquest achievement can be unlocked over a meat chunk or hare carcass
- Pup can get stuck in stumble action forever.
- Eagle gets stuck hovering above ground if hare escapes its clutches.
- Wolf sometimes pants when swimming–putting mouth underwater.
- Wolf holds horseshoe awkwardly in mouth.
- Pups exiting Lakeshore den float off ground a bit.
- Teddy bear on rock can't be picked up.
- Inner crevices of some cliffs in Amethyst are very very dark at night.
- Wolf keeps tripping when carrying binoculars.
- Wolf only opens mouth partly when howling in one laying-down pose.
- If player switches to photo mode when sleeping, then forgets they are in photo mode, they are unable to wake up.
- In Game Accounts: Friends, problems ensue if you add yourself as a member of a pack you own.
- Bull elk carcass grows antlers if killed in early spring and still around in late spring.
- Rain sound effect can occur without rain falling.
- Controls remapper doesn't prevent a conflict in certain obscure situations.
- If AFK for a long time, controller can start moving wolf or camera without user input.
- When opening Save Game panel with controller, default focus isn't text input field, but should be.
- On World Map, the "traveling home" icon appears during Find Den quest, but should only appear later during Moving and Journey quests.
- FPS Alert does not prevent opening the Graphics Quality menu (thus allowing players to change settings while the panel is opened, causing errors).
- In multiplayer, assigning a MP pack name does not work first time.
- Wolf tries to lick itself while holding an object in its mouth.
- Some interface panels do not appear properly on ultrawide screens.
- Issues with alerts when joining multiplayer fails.
- Error when game tries to delete a pre-2021 wolf, causing a duplicate.
- Alert "Can't sleep when dangerous competitors are near" won't go away after loading a save with a rare error.
- Pup sometimes stands up briefly and then lays down again.
- Elk graze in water.
- Terrain and water issues.
- Our long national nightmare is over: You can now type "Scooby Doo" in multiplayer chat.
Patch 1.0.7h2 (18 August 2021)
- On Steam, achievements do not sync with Steam achievements.
- Sometimes (if you start Slough Creek from beginning and play through without saving and reloading), player-wolf is partially underground when digging den, and pup and mates are underground when emerging from den.
- Wolf's mouth is closed when carrying an object while swimming.
- Rocks around Amethyst waterfalls are extremely dark when in shadow.
- Terrain and water issues.
- Affinity decays with mate during trial period (to make it easier for them to reject you), and subsequently until pups are born.
Patch 1.0.7h (18 August 2021)
Watch this video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KqKhumMXrE
- Earn achievements by completing core game activities, going above and beyond those basic actions, exploring the maps, and playing through your wolf's long life.
- Note that you must be logged into your WolfQuest game account to earn achievements.
- All achievements can be unlocked only in single-player except for those in the Multiplayer section.
- Some Life Arc achievements can be unlocked only in new Slough Creek games (as the necessary data wasn't collected until now).
- Filtering options on My Wolves and Setup New Game: Search by wolf name or pack name, show only ironwolves, hide dead wolves.
- Filtering options on Load Saved Game and Save Game panels.
- New option to select and delete multiple files at once on Save Game and Load Saved Game panels.
- Tweaked the "Sync Completed" alert so it only appears for 1.5s and disappears automatically.
- Runt is now indicated on Family Trees.
- Added option to disable cloud saves in Account panel.
- Current perks are shown on player's panel in Pack Info in single-player games (was previously only shown there in MP games).
- Better texture for river pebbles in Amethyst (less obvious tiling on Beautiful and lower graphics qualities).
- Slightly revised wolf gallop animation, with some head up/down movement.
- Switched to another sagebrush model for Basic Sky & Veg mode (actually, it's the sagebrush from the original game -- looks better and doesn't sway oddly in the wind).
- Increased lifespan of pup scent tracks, so they are more likely to be visible for lost pups.
- Increased LOD distances on high graphics quality levels (so animals have dynamic snow at longer distances from wolf).
- Made claws darker on wolves with light coats.
- Reduced size of aspen trees in Slough Creek.
- Increased pups' odds of dying from sickness.
- Ungulate mothers with young juveniles won't choose grass patches near the rendezvous site anymore.
- New versions of MacOS don't support 3D clouds, so those are now disabled at all quality levels, with option to override (and alert if you do so).
- Logjam in Amethyst is now rendered on Basic Sky & Vegetation mode.
- Increased ambient light a bit in Amethyst.
- Various bugs with logging into account.
- Various bugs when syncing user files to cloud server.
- Sometimes wolves get duplicated in My Wolves carousel.
- Glitches when typing on World Map custom markers.
- On Pack Info, Homes says "den not selected" instead of "rendezvous site not selected" on reload.
- Sometimes wolf will not move.
- Golden eagle sometimes behaves oddly when swooping down to grab a snowshoe hare.
- Health Perception sound effect doesn't respect audio settings.
- Wolf nametag is layered in front of wolf badge.
- Courtship heart meter is layered in front of wolf badge.
- At end of dream sequence, on low-end computers the game can freeze for awhile, and in MP even crash. (POSSIBLE FIX -- please report if it happens to you!)
- Keyboard glitches and submit issues using controller to rename mate and pups.
- Loaf at Rendezvous Site doesn't finish if you are asleep when your last pup reaches 20 pounds.
- In certain non-standard graphics quality settings, the mid-distance terrains are not rendered when they need to be.
- After loading a multiplayer saved game, stranger packs all have lots of wolves, regardless of number of players.
- Bones and sticks sometimes aren't postioned correctly in pups' mouths (probably fixed).
- Rock den northwest of McBride has very very very small opening.
- Pack wolves sometimes don't return to their territory after losing a fight.
- Wolf skips crawling-in animation at one burrow den.
- When in water, player-wolf sits down when pupcam is activated.
- Pups often stand up and then sit or lay down immediately (fixed most common causes of this).
- Some big rocks in Amethyst have inaccurate colliders.
- Mate emits stranger-wolf floating scent during certain activities.
- Terrain, rock, and water issues.
Patch 1.0.7g (22 July 2021)
Watch this video to learn more: "Better Late Than Never" at https://youtu.be/mwWpDESFNZE
- Cloud syncing of user game files (saves, wolves, and family snapshots). These user files will be uploaded to the game server automatically when you first run the game. Subsequently, local and server versions of all files will be compared when starting the game, and if conflicts are found the player can choose from options to merge, push local versions, or pull server versions. Saves are also synced during gameplay.
- A new alert (envelope icon) appears in lower-left corner of screen for a few seconds when you launch the game and there's an unread message, and if a message arrives while playing the game.
- Added the wagon trail that runs through Slough Creek from west to east (in real world, runs from trailhead to a ranch outside the park boundary).
- Stranger packs' home hexes in the territory map are now marked with a small dot. (These hexes cannot be taken from those packs.)
- Hex icon on compass now indicates if you are in a strongly-claimed hex (above 50%).
- Alert popup about marking a strong hex has improved language (basically clarifying that you should always mark a hex if you're passing through, but don't make a special trip when hexes are still strong), made this alert pause the game to give players time to read it, and it only appears once per game session (instead of twice).
- New struggle animation for July mule deer fawn, when standing still and being attacked.
- Bison have finally learned how to swim properly (correct animation).
- Mate will feed pups when predator is attacking. (Regression from last fix.)
- Sometimes mate will regurgitate when there's a carcass available for pups to eat.
- Sometimes mate can kill prey with one bite.
- When hunting alone, mate does not avoid dangerous prey animals in its patch, including bison, which can lead to inadvertent death. (Mate now will behave more intelligently, either hunting or avoiding the prey.)
- If mate is killed by dangerous prey, it freezes in place (sometimes running in place) and won't fall over dead.
- Pup bark audio plays before mouth moves.
- The front paws of summer pups are angled oddly (probably fixed).
- Repeating pattern in Slough Creek large rocky outcrops.
- Scrolling the wolf bio panel on Pack Info makes the game camera zoom in or out.
- Dead bull moose cuts a long swath in grass.
- Sometimes wolf is way too obsessed with scratching and licking itself when sitting.
- Some music glitches.
- Occasionally unable to delete an ironwolf.
- Summer pup tail wag distorts the body at the base of the tail.
- Elder ironwolf savename is incorrect.
- In My Wolves, controller right thumbstick doesn't work to rotate wolf.
- In Slough Creek, the nighttime aurora borealis are angled severely, making them look very narrow.
- If player changes graphics quality to a level that requires more VRAM than computer has, an alert appears -- but cannot be closed, so player must force quit the game.
- When using controller, if wolf is sleeping very near to a pup, tapping A to wake up will also trigger regurgitation.
- Player-wolf can get stuck in hole in rocks just below the Slough Creek spawn point.
- Lost River: No distant animal voices in the night after midnight.
- Incorrect information in alert about waiting four hours to turn marking into scent post (should be about reinforcing scent post you just created).
- Terrain, rock, and vegetation issues.
Patch 1.0.7f (1 July 2021)
This patch has two significant changes: we have overhauled the AI code to make it more efficient in terms of memory, so loading times and RAM memory usage during gameplay are noticeably improved. And we fixed a bug with the AI that can hurt performance, sometime a little, sometimes a lot. This has been most noticeable at times during Raise Pups and Rendezvous Site quests, but also can occur during elk hunts and other gameplay.
NEW OPTIONS IN GRAPHICS QUALITY:
- In Game Settings> Graphics Quality, two new options for customizing your graphics quality:
- Mid-Distance Terrains are disabled on low quality settings, but you can now override this to make them appear. This will substantially improve the game scenery, especially when looking out over a vista, but will reduce performance on integrated graphics. Also, by making this terrain appear, there won't be large rocks floating in the distance above the basic terrain.
- Scent Glow on Animals and Dens: This is also disabled by default on lower quality settings, but you can now enable it separately. When enabled, animals and dens will glow in scent view when you are close to them.
- Overhaul of AI code, now has smaller memory footprint (for shorter loading times and less total memory usage when playing the game).
- In multiplayer territory games, boosted player marking effectiveness, especially in games with more players.
- In multiplayer, host can give their pack a name to replace "Your Pack" in left column header.
- In multiplayer, there is now an option to cancel when the Quit/Leave Game panel is open.
- Sky at night is incorrect (lags actual star positions by a few months).
Added tutorial tip when wolf drops carcass in water, to clarify that this is not a bug.
- Some improvements to distant tree appearances in Amethyst.
- Mate will not feed pups now if a predator is lurking nearby (indicated by the red predator alert icon).
- Tweaks to nighttime lighting and brightness.
- Improved clarity of some text in multiplayer sleep alerts.
- Sometimes the AI logic gets in a loop and slows down the overall game performance.
- Mate won't hunt summer mule deer fawns.
- Sometimes snow accumulates on the ground before snow begins to fall from the sky.
- Various music glitches.
- In multiplayer Fixed Sleep Schedule mode, problems ensue if player is standing in water with something in its mouth when the next sleep period arrives.
- In Fixed Sleep Schedule mode, when one minute remains until sleep, readout in Pack Info does not have correct tense.
- Grizzly cub in springtime does not have scent glow.
- A particular issue with wolf eye coloration in Wolf customizer when on Basic Sky & Veg mode.
- Occasionally the previous year's elk calves persist into spring and summer.
- Flooded oxbow ponds are white in May, when seen at a distance.
- Through circuitous effort, player can create an Ironwolf game on Easy difficulty.
- Stranger wolves often don't return to their own territory after a fight.
- Ponds in First Meadow are white, when viewed at a distance.
- Occasionally a duplicate Family Snapshot is generated by mistake.
- Scent posts are visible at long distances.
- When at rendezvous site, pupcam music does not play when in pupcam mode.
- In Lost River, when sun is low near the horizon, the terrain does not always block light and shadow.
- Wolf does not adjust its footing if standing or lying on a carcass when the carcass sinks into the ground.
- If wolf is looking to the side when Photo Mode is enabled, the right-arrow key moves the wolf's head rightward.
- In the main menu, territory config and sleep mode selections are not remembered for subsequent sessions.
- Some creeks in Slough Creek winter have vegetation when they should not.
Terrain and water tweaks.
Patch 1.0.7e (22 June 2021)
NEW MULTIPLAYER FEATURES:
- TAGS: When creating a game, host can select several tags to describe their game. These then are displayed on the preview panel in the multiplayer lobby.
- TERRITORY CONFIGURATIONS: When creating a game, host can select from four Territory Configurations, each with the unclaimed area in a different part of the map.
- SLEEP MODES: When creating a game, host can choose from two Sleep Modes: Host Decides (the host can sleep at any time, and all players must sleep then as well), and the new Fixed Schedule (all players sleep at fixed times of day, from late morning to late afternoon, and from late evening to early morning). In the latter, time advances quickly during both the fixed sleep times and if everyone sleeps at the same time (but players are not required to sleep at other times, even if the host is sleeping.)
- GAME NAME: The Pack Info panel now displays the Game Name at the top.
- Improvements to water appearance.
- Improvements to snow appearance.
- Game remembers last selected Difficulty level when starting a new game.
- Controller improvements: Revised some labels for clarity, added "Pup Camera" and "Leave Pup Camera" options to Remapper panel.
- Made ESC key close the Tab Menu and not open Main Menu.
- Player usernames are now displayed in Pack Info, next to their wolf name when selected.
- In multiplayer, added a circular timer on countdown notifications.
- In multiplayer, changed game start time to 6am.
- Reduced volume of clouds of flies.
- In multiplayer, players still get stuck sleeping.
- Several music glitches.
- Some interface sounds are unaffected by Audio sliders.
- In multiplayer, when players join a game, they appear to join but aren't actually active in the scene (so don't see any chat, or will wake up sleeping players) for 5-10 seconds.
- When fox pounces in the dirt, dust particles are blocky squares.
- In springtime, snowprints don't disappear when snow melts.
- Some issues with textures on Amethyst cliff rocks.
- Snow doesn't accumulate on some downed logs and branches.
- Wolf keeps blinking when dead.
- Frogs chirp in the winter in Slough Creek.
- In multiplayer, Mute button appears to be selected for all players whenever it's selected for one player.
- After scratching itself, wolf stands up, then immediately sits down again.
- Players can give pups a name that is longer than the display field, truncating it.
- Frozen ponds in Slough Creek appear to float when seen from high vantage point.
- Snow does not accumulate on dirt dens or ground around tree dens.
- Terrain and water issues.
APPLE SILICON FIXES:
- Scent posts should now render on new Macs with M1 processors and old Macs with Intel integrated graphics.
- We re-enabled some IK (inverse kinematics), so now the player-wolf will look in the direction of the camera view, and will look better when biting other animals. However, grounding IK is still disabled due to a mysterious bug on these computers, so your wolf's feet will not always connect properly with the ground.
1.0.7c (21 May 2021)
- If an ironwolf dies while raising pups, the game will save a Family Snapshot with the mate and surviving pups (same as when Elder Wolf dies).
- Visual improvements to 2D Clouds (used in Basic Sky mode, and option in Enhanced Sky mode).
- Precipitation will not fall out of a clear blue sky now.
- Thunder only happens when it's raining.
- Some improvements to fall aspen and cottonwood appearance.
- In Wolf Customization and Pack Info, long wolf bios now force scrollbars.
- In multiplayer games, each player's Age Perks are now listed in Pack Info.
- Mate and pup names are now filtered through badname filter (since they can become playable wolves in multiplayer games eventually.)
- Made the sleeping death of Elder Wolf (player) a bit slower and more poignant.
- Moved "Age" readout in Family Tree higher, for better visibility.
- Improvements to snow dust kicked up by running wolves.
- Some minor optimizations to disable distant objects so they don't require rendering, might help a bit on low-end computers.
- Sleep/teleporting bug in multiplayer.
- Various music bugs (Scent chimes play when not in scent view, Beaver ambush music doesn't stop playing, Food and fight music overlap, etc.)
- Various bugs with scent posts (they have wrong color initially, confusing feedback about territory quality, etc.)
- After player adjusts certain graphics quality settings, water bodies levitate when player runs toward them.
- In Pack Info, mate's name is often truncated.
- When creating a wolf, you can save it without giving it a name.
- Winter ambient sounds continue into early morning in Slough Creek.
- In Amethyst, grizzly cub shrinks when it dies.
- In Slough Creek with Basic Sky & Vegetation, one type of tree is missing, creating invisible obstacles.
- Pup howling can be heard from much too far away.
- Dust kicked up by wolf pups looks odd.
- Cow moose doesn't swim appropriately.
- In multiplayer, the territory chime plays only for host, not other players.
- Game interface does not adapt well to very widescreen monitors.
- When starting new game in Slough Creek, player-wolf falls a meter to the ground.
- Beavers won't flee if they are trying to place a branch on their lodge or dam.
- Foxes can get stuck going back and forth between two points, leaving a large number of scent tracks.
- Pup's scent track readout does not show recent change to pup name.
- Sometimes rendezvous rocks have dark lines.
- If mate has bent ear, in the den it also has a second, undamaged ear.
- Quick-fingered players can get an ironwolf into multiplayer games.
- Water and terrain issues.
1.0.7b (7 May 2021)
- Optimization to physics when many animals are spawned.
- Optimization of territory update code.
- On low graphics quality settings, adjusted brightness during wintertime.
- Snowfall on trees melts at seasonally-appropriate rates now.
- Beaver Trail tutorial tip appears more reliably now (before was lower priority than other prey alerts, so could get suppressed by mule deer etc.)
- Added "Elder Ironwolf" term on the Age 7 Perks text.
- Got the couple remaining music tracks working again with the new music system.
- Improved the dust kicked up when animals run.
- Player-wolf "look at" movement is lost when going into Photo Mode.
- Ripples around swimming beaver are sometimes displayed in grid instead of animation.
- Some animations during wolf - beaver hunt are not synced in multiplayer.
- In Slough Creek, distant animal sounds sometimes don't play properly.
- In Den/In Grass label is sometimes incorrect or inconsistent.
- Den status label persists in pup names sometimes.
- Bite sound effect keeps playing after releasing bite.
- Wrong music plays during predator attack on den.
- Pressing ESC when game is transitioning to next season can cause problems.
1.0.7a (5 May 2021)
- Water missing in beaver side pond on Slough Creek.
- Amethyst map is missing much of the ground clutter (downed logs etc).
- Willows in Lost River glow at night.
- Terrain and water issues.
Update 1.0.7 (4 May 2021)
- Beavers now live along the Lamar River, Slough Creek, and in the Lost River beaver pond. They are most active at dawn and dusk. When you find a beaver trail, follow the tutorial tip to lie in wait and (hopefully) ambush one. (More info in Game Help: Hunting Beavers)
- Age Perks system offers a selection of physical, clout, and wisdom bonuses for each year of your wolf's life. Once a year, you have the option to advance your wolf in age by one year and select from a new set of perks. On your birthday (in April, just before your pups are born) you will be presented with the Age Perks menu, where you can view all of the Age Perks available at each age. You can select up to three new Age Perks if you wish to advance to the next age. If you advance through the years, your final choice will be whether to advance to age eight, which will make your wolf an Elder Wolf who, at some point, will die. (More info in Game Help: Age Perks)
- Ironwolf mode: In the real world, wolves are one false move or unlucky kick away from death. Now you too can live life on the edge by choosing Ironwolf mode when creating a wolf. This is a hardcore mode for players who really want to live the life of a wild wolf. Ironwolves have only one save, and upon dying will be permanently dead. (More info in Game Help: Ironwolf)
- New "Reminisce" mode: After an Elder Wolf dies, older saved games (from before age eight) use this mode so you can revisit your mate and pups and relive memories, but you cannot save your game.
- Scents: New system for floating scents and ground scent tracks. This should look just like the old scent system, but without some problems that the old system caused (slow performance on Intel integrated graphics; on some newer GPUs, after several hours of playing, screen sometimes would go black, or possibly white, or screwy in some way).
- Revised adaptive music system: Eliminates bugs with out-of-sync tracks. Also modest reduction in memory load from music tracks.
- Enabled headlook when wolf is sitting and lying down (latter only in initial pose).
- Trees in Basic Sky & Vegetation mode move more appropriately with the wind.
- Tweaks to snow coverage on trees (Enhanced mode only).
- Aspen trees in LR now have fall colors, as they did in WQ Classic.
- Scent tracks now disappear quickly when the source dies. (The way they persisted longer was a feature of the new scent system, but it is understandably frustrating, so now they fade at a faster rate. We don't want to remove them instantly or you get the "scent tracks disappear suddenly" bug which is also annoying.)
- New Amethyst episode intro text when starting a new game with an experienced wolf.
- New shader on big glacial erratics (boulders) that eliminates occasional harsh look to them.
- Distant views of landscape are nicer (smoother and softer ground cover, using linear blends instead of heightmap blends).
- Added bite-sfx when biting beaver, fox, and coyote.
- Music ducks (lowers in volume) when alert sounds play.
- Eliminated areas with stretched or discordant texturing in Slough Creek (the creek itself) and the McBride feeder creek.
- Better water effects when wolf is swimming.
- In Amethyst, Very Large Objects (mainly the cliff rocks) now get dynamic snow even on Very Low quality level.
- In Setup New Game, moved Lost River Classic below Slough Creek.
- Updated version of vegetation renderer (for Enhanced Vegetation mode) generally makes trees look better at a distance, but there are a few quirks to refine.
- Enabled Right Ctrl key input for Walk/Stalk (was only Left Ctrl).
- Added music stingers when killing beaver, fox, and coyote.
- Increased moose swimming speed.
- Multiplayer: Client wolf in stranger territory is not teleported to host when host forces sleep.
- Multiplayer: Host-triggered sleep fails if a client wolf has a meat chunk in mouth.
- When loading MP save, sometimes you get the SP Setup options instead of the MP options.
- Renaming a wolf by only changing the case will result in wolf name being "NPC wolf" in-game.
- Sometimes the family snapshot prompts can appear incorrectly while playing.
- Pups can get stuck, motionless, when swimming against the current.
- Sometimes pups follow mate when the "Raise pups" quest starts.
- Sometimes pups will go into flooded den on their own accord, even when they refuse if so commanded.
- Invisible wolf attacks player-wolf.
- In certain spots, scent posts get destroyed soon after they were created.
- Can't claim territory when competitors are preparing an attack.
- Elder Wolves will have smaller litters than they did when younger.
- Grizzly cub carcass lacks a name.
- Pup icon does not appear on map when moving to a new rendezvous site.
- During the journey quests, dispersal wolves stalk wolf pups and are considered a dangerous predators, and are confused about their purpose.
- Sometimes the mate heads off on a hunting excursion immediately after the pups leave the den for the first time. (Also, some mates go hunting too frequently, so we have set a minimum time at home.)
- Pups gradually increase in size as they grow older, but this size increase was applied only when loading a save, not incrementally during gameplay
- Terrain and water issues.
- In Basic Sky & Veg mode, in main menu, when in Eye Customization, scene color and brightness are incorrect.
- In Pack Stats, mate's age is truncated if pack name is longish.
- Mate doesn't catch hares anymore.
- In certain situations, camera gets stuck circling above the pack after the end of Journey to Rendezvous Site quest.
- Increased hunger threshold on mate so they will eat even if not very hungry.
- DLC coats are somewhat more likely, instead of very more likely, to be assigned to dispersal wolves and pups.
- Permanent bull elk carcass near LR spawn point.
- One meat chunk floats out in front of the wolf's mouth.
- Water clips in headcam and scent view.
- No grass or sage on Lamar River island.
Patch 1.0.6p (12 March 2021)
- In multiplayer, chat settings are saved and used in future sessions.
- Cougars are now sometimes a bit harder to chase away when stalking pups.
- Switched Amethyst winter creeks to have ice texture matching those in Slough Creek.
- Multiplayer game saves sometimes fail to load. (Two causes of this are now fixed.)
- Saving game fails, shows error. (One cause of this is now fixed.)
- Save Game button sometimes is not displayed in Options menu (gets stuck when Quest Completion popup is blocked).
- Pups in Family Tree preview sometimes are deformed.
- When elk are alarmed (head held high), their tongue pokes through lower jaw slightly.
- As seen from the ridge, Lamar Valley in winter has some poor texturing.
- In summertime, Slough Creek creek audio can have odd audio effects.
- There's a paucity of cow moose in May.
- One meat chunk on buck mule deer carcass depletes carcass food too much.
- Elk float too high in the water when swimming.
- When player goes into den and sees mate already in there, mate has some excess/overlapping meshes.
- Adjusted placement of one meat chunk in the mouth.
- Removed some excessively-cautious words from the badwords list.
- Correction to Learn to Hunt game help text.
- Big Blaze has miscolored claw.
- Wolf Customization has DLC "?" button on other panels besides Coat.
- Water and terrain issues.
Hotfix 1.0.6n2: DLC coats on dispersals
- Dispersals and grown pups do not get DLC coats even if player has purchased them. This fix will only be effective in new games. Sorry about that!
- F11 does not open bug reporter in main menu.
Patch v1.0.6n (4 March 2021)
Yellowstone Wolf Pack DLC now available! Go to My Wolves, then Coat Customization and scroll down to preview the new coats (Founders, Hall of Fame, and Cool Coats) on your wolf. Click the Buy button to go to Steam or itch.io to purchase the coats. They will immediately be available for your wolves.They will also be eligible to appear on dispersal wolves and grown pups in any new game that you start after purchasing this DLC. (Note that if you have the game from Steam, your purchase is tied to your Steam account. If you have the game from itch.io, you must have a WolfQuest game account, as that is where your purchase is recorded.)
- When in Endless Summer quest, you can now regenerate your family snapshot in the Pack Info panel. This will replace the snapshot that was taken previously when completing the Loaf at Rendezvous Site quest. (Useful if you change a mate or pup name, or if a pup dies and you want to be honest about it.)
- On Apple Silicon computers, wolf feet now touch ground, and alert appears in main menu about bugs.
- Female wolf does not appear pregnant in Slough Creek until you save and reload the save.
- If your wolf is female and save your game in Slough Creek before having pups, then start a new game in Amethyst, your wolf will be pregnant there.
- Moose calf in August grew up too fast.
- In Slough Creek, on Basic Sky & Veg mode, audio controls do not affect rain and snow sounds.
- Tall grass patches disappear in August.
- Snow does not accumulate on distant landscape in spring and summer in Slough Creek.
- Player gets stuck if notification appears while dreaming.
- In Wolf Customization, can't click drag to rotate wolf.
- New Mate quest (sometimes) appears after game over when a pregnant mate dies.
- Scent tracks sometimes stop abruptly.
- Scent tracks get suddenly older.
- All stranger wolves are interested in courtship. (Bug introduced in February -- Valentine's Day Special! -- and fixed now in new games but will persist in saved games from the past several weeks.)
- All dispersals and stranger wolves have the same level of interest at the start of courtship (should be vary some).
- World Map does not remember state of Show Dens button during Raise Pups quest.
- Regurgitated meat does not glow in scent view.
- Errors loading a save with carcass scent tracks spawned.
- Water and terrain issues.
Patch v1.0.6m (23 February 2021)
- Refactored scent system to make it more robust. This should reduce or eliminate bugs with disappearing scent tracks and pups leaving tracks when carried, along with improvements to how the scents are laid down when the animal makes sharp turns, and what happens when a pup enters and exits a den.
- Notably faster loading times when starting new game or loading saved game.
- Spring flood ponds in First Meadow retain their shapes when seen from far away.
- Better creek sound effects.
- Switched to new rocky-ground terrain texture in Amethyst with much better tiling.
- Improvements to terrain texturing in Amethyst and Slough Creek.
- Improvements to June elk calf limb movements when being carried.
- In Wolf Customization, the Coats panel is taller to show more rows, and clicking and scrolling is more intuitive.
- When fleeing predators, elk should often pull their heads back, but don't. (This was in the game originally but broke at some point, probably a long time ago.)
- Predator music bugs (same clip plays repeatedly, wrong clip plays).
- Female wolf sometimes does not have pregnant belly in winter and early spring.
- Game accepts keyboard inputs when another app has focus. (Really fixed time!)
- Game sometimes pauses during courtship in Lost River.
- Quest music doesn't play reliably at start of each quest.
- Terrain switches back to previous season in certain situations.
- In Lost River, game sometimes pauses for some seconds during courtship.
- One stick rides too high in the pup's mouth.
- In multiplayer, buggy behavior after clicking Exit Game or Main Menu buttons.
- Lost River music keeps playing when returning to main menu.
- Wolf ears do not fold back when howling while lying down.
- Mate is unable to enter tree stump den.
- Pup carcass oddities when carried by parent.
- Some save game errors and failures.
- Pups won't exit tall grass if parent is inside as well.
- Pups will follow player far away from the den or rendezvous site if trying to respond to a social emote.
- If terrain quality is low or very low, but Enhanced Sky & Vegetation mode is enabled, dirt dens do not have holes in ground.
- When adding a player to a pack, can't click OK button to continue adding more players but must click Done and then reopen Packs panel.
- In main menu, wolves in the My Wolves carousel are floating a bit off the ground.
- Map labels for two ponds are in wrong spot.
- Grizzly cub and elk calf can get stuck in turning animation.
- In very particular circumstances, a litter can have zero pups.
- Winter can rudely interrupt Endless Summer in Slough Creek.
- Fish sits a bit high in the mouth.
- Text edits and corrections.
- Terrain and water issues.
Patch v1.0.6l (13 February 2021)
- Made mates in Slough Creek somewhat more likely to go hunting and marking on their own.
- Main menu is broken if there are no wolves available.
- In multiplayer, game cannot be saved if a player marks a scent post and then leaves permanently.
- Floating tree saplings near Little Butte.
Patch v1.0.6k (12 February 2021)
As of this patch, multiplayer is not backward-compatible with previous patches, so you must be sure to have this patch to see games in the lobby (and for others to see your games).
NEW SAVE-GAME SYSTEM:
We have rewritten the save-game system to be more robust and reliable:
- Should reduce the chances of a corrupted save.
- Game screenshots are now embedded in the save file, rather than stored separately in the Screenshots folder.
- Save files are much smaller than before.
This also includes improvements to the wolf files:
- You can now rename a wolf without having to create a duplicate
- Multiple wolves can have the same names without causing problems.
- More placenames added to Slough Creek map.
- Reduced territory decay (after pups arrive) in Accurate difficulty.
- Reduced the maximum strength for stranger wolf hexes at the start of Slough Creek, to give players more time to claim hexes before the strangers start expanding.
- All the ground clutter and other objects (like fossil forest and ranger cabin) are switched to new shader with dynamic snow that better matches snow on terrains.
- Added confirmation dialog after clicking to move to a new den or rendezvous site.
- In Slough Creek spring and summer, replaced several terrain textures with new textures that don't have such obvious tiling patterns.
- New music sfx when entering another hex in your territory, when creating a scent post, when hex strength reaches 100%, when discovering a den, when a pup is sick and when a pup recovers.
- Many music fixes. A few tricky ones remain, so please report if you hear any.
- When pups first emerge from den, player spawns on rock at far NE rock den.
- Added tip about Pupcam to Pup Interaction tutorial tip.
- Newborn elk calves are invisible when hiding in grass. (Actually not invisible, just very very small.)
- Bull elk antlers (springtime) have too-close LOD distance.
- Bull elk bugling audio does not carry very far.
- Main Menu grass density is inconsistent in quality levels.
- Some account register/login issues.
- A newly-created wolf is considered "experienced" (i.e. has finished Amethyst previously) if you create it right after modifying an experienced wolf.
- Tutorial tips about mate and pup commands sometimes appear before Raise Pups quest intro.
- Rock den lacks water when flooded.
- Odd white squares appear on compass in multiplayer games.
- Players can create a wolf without a name.
- Aspen trees near cliffs in Amethyst are missing in Basic Sky & Veg mode.'
- Several patches of tall grass are floating above the ground in First Meadow.
- Game gets stuck loading into multiplayer if player previously entered MP or SP game but left very quickly.
- Player-wolf can glitch inside several rock dens if they try.
- Dirt den roots are disconnected from den ceiling.
- Mule Deer fawn and grizzly cubs have wrong/missing scent glows.
- Many terrain and water tweaks.
Patch 1.0.6j (26 January 2021)
- Scent track readouts do appear.
- Controls remappers sometimes ignores input to assign a new key or controller button.
- Display and input issues with Friends/Pack panel.
- Terrain and water issues.
For non-Steam-Windows platforms, this patch also incorporates the short-lived 1.0.6i patch that we released yesterday, 25 January 2021, for Steam-Windows:
- Tweaked the way the scents are laid down behind animals as they move, considerably reducing the delays involved in that.
- For some players, the Shake Off inputs (A and D keys; left stick wiggle on controller) don't work to shake off attacking wolves.
- Pupcam can follow pups into the den.
- In spring and summer, grizzly cubs switch to older cub body upon dying.
- Snow accumulates on ground around tree dens in late spring and summer, when it should not.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6h - (23 January 2021)
- Five new black coats for NPC wolves. These are variations on existing coats, modified to look distinctive. They are not available in the Wolf Customization panel, but dispersal wolves have a chance of getting these coats. Grown pups can also get them (which is the only way to play as a wolf with one of these coats). (Why did we add these? We were having trouble preventing multiple wolves from having the same coat, due to the paucity of true untinted black coats, so now NPCs have five more black coats to choose from, which along with some other measures should prevent duplicates.)
- When Pack Territories are displayed on the World Map, a new toggle in lower-right will display all territories' hex strength percentages (intended for controller usage but might be helpful to anyone.)
- If starting a new game in Amethyst with a wolf who has completed those quests before, the game now shows the episode introduction and then skips the Learn to Hunt quest info, going directly to Find a Mate quest.
- Reduced the wait time to reinforce a scent post from 24 hours to four hours. (Because stranger wolves can degrade your territory within that time, it's confusing to get a "Too Soon!" alert when the territory is clearly weakened, so we are reducing this delay period confusion.)
- Modest increase in the odds that a grizzly bear will attack pups at the den.
- Establish Territory quest doesn't require a specific territory gain or den discovery action to reach completion. (Previously did, so was possible to meet requirements but not trigger completion. Completion requirements themselves are unchanged.)
- Reduce the odds that multiple dispersals, or multiple pups in a litter, will have the same coat as adults.
- Reduced odds and damage from fall/winter calf elk kickoff.
- Reduced wolf max speed when carrying moose calf.
- Added flattened grass at rendezvous sites and in meadows in springtime.
- Game remembers if dens and rendezvous sites were toggled on or off in World Map.
- Added some anti-cheat measures to multiplayer.
- Game stalls when loading a multiplayer saved game for Lost River.
- Sometimes the Show Dens button doesn't appear when it should on World Map.
- Distant landscape in early spring has no snow. (Still working bug with those landscapes having no snow in late spring and summer.)
- In multiplayer, the chat panel covers up part of the Accounts panel, blocking the Add Friend input field.
- White wolf coat has a weird white mark at the tip of the tail.
- Occasionally you'll get the "Dangerous Territory" alert when marking in the central area of the map.
- On the World Map, some custom markers are rotated based on the player-wolf's orientation in the game world.
- Courtship banners for a few wolves don't match the coat.
- Player-wolf can get stuck on rock face of den.
- Game accepts keyboard inputs when another app has focus.
- Pack naming GUI displays repeatedly.
- Pup can get stuck in grass and refuse to come out.
- When getting a new mate out of a group of siblings in Slough Creek, the siblings and your new mate turn against each other immediately.
- Mackenzie coat has a bit of white on the upper eyelid with some fur settings.
- Snow can accumulate inside dirt dens.
- Patchy fur on pup chin.
- Moose calf has odd coloration when fur is disabled.
- No gallop sound effect when wolf is running up steep hill.
- Boltz coat has pattern mismatch on crown of head.
- Sometimes the wolf coat when fur is disabled doesn't match the coat when fur is enabled.
- In certain cases, game freezes when remapping controls.
- Renaming a pup that's in the den gets "(In Den)" permanently added to its name.
- Some mismatch between characters allowed in password fields on Register and Login panels.
- On some computer hardware and game graphics settings, water bodies float in air when sprinting.
- Pups can get stuck alongside river in certain situations.
- If mate commands pups into den, the command lingers even if the player or mate returns home.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6g - (17 January 2021)
- New Find a New Mate subquest in Slough Creek: If your mate dies in Slough Creek, a new subquest begins to find a new mate. This uses the same mechanics as Amethyst Find a Mate, except there is no trial period -- they join the pack immediately.
- New Endless Summer quest after completing Loaf. (If you load a saved game that has already completed Loaf, the Loaf conclusion will appear again.)
- Mate will occasionally go into the den, if at least one pup is tired.
- Mate won't eat meat chunks unless they are hungry.
- Game now ignores keyboard inputs when another program has focus.
- Allow spaces in player-wolf name.
- Added (In Den) status to mate on Pack Stats.
- Visual improvements to fresh snowfall on ground.
- Family Tree layout will flex properly at lower resolutions.
- Adjusted grass so some of it appears in scent view.
- Reduced sickness odds a bit.
- Can change name of trial mate.
- When loading a game, all sticks and bones use the same bone model.
- Distant terrain does not get dynamic snow in May and later.
- Bored eagle notification appears for bored wolves.
- Elk calf carcass has furry innards.
- Mate can get stuck near rocky outcrop in certain situations.
- In one area of First Meadow, water splashes are heard while on dry land.
- Summer moose calf turns lighter color when it dies.
- Saddle Meadows floating scent uses old den icon.
- Elk calf carcass leg movement is suboptimal.
- Black squares and other terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6f - (8 January 2021)
- Added quality levels for territory decay in Slough Creek, so on Easy, the player's territory decays substantially more slowly than before. (Challenging is unchanged, and Accurate is now slightly higher.)
- Many optimizations to prevent severe performance slowdown when many AI actions are occurring.
- Adjustments to ensure more variety in dispersal wolf coats.
- Allow spaces in pup and mate names.
- Added "Pack" to header in Family Tree.
- Ponds in April have ice underneath water (also fixes a rendering glitch with these ponds).
- Increased ambient lighting at dusk and dawn on Basic Sky & Veg mode to match that in Enhanced mode.
- Enlarged the area for den and rendezvous site music to play.
- All wolves have fur even in No Fur mode in Slough Creek.
- Occasionally wolf starts spinning uncontrollably.
- Pup is visibly outside tall grass when they are technically in hiding.
- Subquest tabs and panels are messed up on Quests panel.
If killed soon after a season change, snowshoe hare coat changes color when it dies.
- In Family Tree, "Play as wolf" button doesn't work in a particular case.
- Two rendezvous sites have the same ID name, so loading a save for one puts you at the other site.
- Various glitches with animal movement.
- Summer elk calf is instantly mostly consumed when it dies.
- Newborn mule deer fawn glows in scent view.
- Issues with renaming mate and pups on Pack Info.
- Den can flood while player is away, forcing pups outside into danger.
- At end of Loaf quest, problems ensue if player-wolf has something in its mouth when the howling and spiral-up camera.
- At end of Find a Den quest, you can exit den by tapping a movement key, breaking elements of the season transition.
- Weird pup body angles when standing on regurgitants.
- Water and terrain issues.
- Typos and text edits.
PATCH 1.0.6e - (5 January 2021)
The wolves shown in the Family Tree are from snapshots taken at the end of Amethyst and at the end of Slough Creek. If you change your wolf between those snapshots, those changes will not appear in the Family Tree. However, this patch has some improvements so if you get a new mate and give them the same name as your mate in a previous snapshot, the game should detect that and create a new snapshot.
- Increased pup hunger in the summer, so they will require more food, and reduced the affinity threshold at which point pups leave the tall grass patches.
- Reduced odds of den flooding a bit more.
- Family Tree: Skip dying wolves when taking a snapshot (was creating a duplicate pup in the snapshot), several new measures to ensure that the game takes a new snapshot if a wolf is different than in previous snapshot.
- Pups now have smaller scentprints than adult wolves.
- Allow the mate to follow the pack into water at all times.
- Revised alert text if mate is starving while permadeath is disabled.
- Better/longer looping music when viewing and naming newborn pups.
- You can choose a rendezvous site outside your territory, and a notification now tells you that if you try.
Player can get stuck after naming their pack at the end of Establish
- Territory quest.
- Summer pup freezes when being carried.
- Burned tree at rendezvous site has no collider.
- Pup may be considered safe in tall grass but visually is outside it.
- One of the sticks that pups can carry about is shiny.
- Red-brown stranger wolves have taken over Slough Creek. (Error in tint settings, corrected now but will only affect new games.)
- Grizzly spring/summer cub carcass mismatch with dying body. (Can still get stuck in dying animation, which will be fixed in next patch.)
- Mule deer fawn carcass is invisible at some distances.
- Mate gets confused/stuck/can't figure out where to go.
- Mate sometimes moves past den when returning from a lone hunt
- Bark on one Douglas-fir tree type is nearly black.
- One dirt den doesn't show in scent view.)
- Mule deer fawn carcass is crumpled oddly when laying on ground.
- Mule deer fawn carcass has wrong body-scent color.
- Ambassador wolves have a bit of white around the edge of their eyes.
- When creating a multiplayer game, the Text Chat and No Chat options are buggy.
- In multiplayer games, the word "mate" is blocked incorrectly.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6d - (2 January 2021)
We are rolling this patch out. It's available now for Windows on Steam. Mac and non-Steam patches coming soon.
- Den now shows your den name in scent view after you have selected it.
- Reduced the amount of foam in sloping sections of creeks.
- Reduced the odds of a flooded den.
- Camera is frozen for client players at the start of multiplayer.
- Subquest popup about newborn calves and fawns does not appear at all. (Should and now does appear in early June.)
- "Hide and Snack" for newborn calves and fawns plays in a smaller radius around the mother than it should, so sometimes newborn is outside music trigger range.
- Game can be saved, or auto-save can occur, after mate dies, before game is terminated, causing problems.
- Snowprints don't disappear when snow melts.
- Wolf can get stuck when sliding into a rock.
- Text typos and errors.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6c - (1 January 2021)
- In Establish Territory quest, if you claim 15 hexes and get them above 50% strength, but have not found four dens yet, there's new button on that quest panel that will reveal as many dens as you need to meet that requirement.
- Made the "Sick pup" notification pause the game so players have time to read it.
Increased the duration of non-pausing notifications a bit.
- Enlarged the star icon on World Map during Journey to Slough Creek to make it easier to spot.
- Adjusted excessively high food points on one cow elk meat chunk.
- Changed scent name for coyote, wolf, and fox dens to "Abandoned ___ Den" for clarity.
- Performance improvement when pups are eating.
- Various other text edits.
- In some saved games that have reached the Journey to Slough Creek quest, the star does not appear on map or compass.
- Camera is frozen at start of multiplayer games.
- Mate and pups climb / glitch all over the rock above one particular rock den.
- Distant landscape does not have snow on it in early spring.
- Sometimes game performance drops when pups are eating.
- If your mate dies in the Leave Slough Creek mission, you are automatically taken to Slough Creek.
- Summer moose calf carcass disappears if you switch to Scent View and back out.
- If you choose to reset tutorial tips in mid-game, you may see all the previous tips all at once.
- If pups refuse to go into den and player tries to go into den, they are sent right back out without seeing the problem.
- Ground around tree dens is wonky in winter.
- Low poly terrain bulges above main terrain in SE SC.
- Can get stuck at a particular dirt den when trying to dig it out.
- Mule deer fawn in July gets bigger when it dies.
- Animals leave snowprints on exposed gravel ground.
- Player glitches when trying to walk into rock den in northeast area.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6b - (31 December 2020)
- Reduced stranger wolf territory strength at the start of Slough Creek, so they have to spend some time strengthening their own hexes before they can start expanding their territory. (Will only be in effect in new games in Slough Creek.)
- One territory hex is offset.
- Some water is pixelated on MacOS.
PATCH 1.0.6a - (31 December 2020)
Mate Commands tutorial tip incorrectly said to Growl to send mate back to den, should be Woof. Sorry about that!
- Reduced territory decay rate during Establish Territory quest by 10%. Should make it a bit easier to claim and maintain your hexes.
- Reduced territory decay rate on Easy difficulty after pups have arrived significantly (Was accidentally set too high -- sorry!)
- Added clearer note in tips and notificatinos about dens glowing in scent view, to help you find them.
- Pups will come out of den or tall grass if commanded, even if there is a competitor or prey animal nearby (previously would stay in hiding).
- Game can occasionally get stuck at start of new episode, so the camera doesn't swing around behind the wolf and give the player control.
- Mate Commands tutorial tip incorrectly says to growl to send mate back to den, should be woof. Sorry about that!
- Two dens misclassified as wooded when they should be open.
- One territory hex in Slough Creek is offset.
- When using controller, some tips and notifications say "glyph" instead of showing the correct controller input icon.
- Den Info doesn't display in Pack Info in certain situations.
- Layout glitch when selecting an abandoned den again.
- Pup stuck in den (doing non-den things without exiting first).
- Mate can get stuck when exiting den.
- If all pups die, the game congratulates you on completing Slough Creek.
- Wolves swim in shallow flooded area in First Meadow.
- Wolf fight music can play during den attacks.
- Terrain and rock issues.
Patch 1.0.5f2 (16 December 2020)
- Improved debugging if game cannot save to disk.
- Added fallback method for saving games if game cannot save to normal location on disk.
- New alert when game detects that OneDrive is blocking the game from saving to disk.
- Reduced food value of meat chunks.
- Increased volume of Squeak emote audio.
- Snow does not accumulate on animals in warmer months (April to October). (Was in 105e but forgot to include it in patch notes.)
- Several significant glitches in multiplayer.
- Delay when click-holding right mouse button to orbit camera when wolf is moving.
- Animals are frozen when loading a very old single-player game save.
v1.0.5e (12 December 2020)
- On Wolf Customization, a new readout indicating if the selected wolf coat and tint value makes it a gray or black coat, in terms of K locus genetics.
- Hotkeys for Emote Favorites, using 1-7 numbers on your keyboard. (Press-hold on an Emote to add or remove it from the Favorites panel.)
- If game is unable to save to the Saves folder (for unknown reasons), game now offers option to collect more data to submit with bug report, which may help us solve the problem.
- Quest icons on each quest intro/completion panel.
- Family snapshot is saved after completing Find a Mate (or loading a game in the final quest in Amethyst). This will let you start a new game in Slough Creek (once it's released) without loading into Amethyst.
- On World Map, territory hexes now have a thick outline when above 50% strength, and opacity begins to drop at 70%.
- Added emotes: Woof and Squeak (these will be pup commands in Slough Creek, no effect in Amethyst).
- Added Camera Slope Auto-Adjust toggle in Game Settings: Gameplay. Disabling it will stop the camera from finding its preferred position above the ground on slopey terrain.
- Changed Pickup Object input from double-tap spacebar to press-hold spacebar (or A button on controller).
- The Y-Invert toggle for normal camera and headcam have changed to standardized game setting. The game should remember which way you prefer it, but if not, please open Game Settings: Controls and click the Y-axis toggles on or off.
- Controls Remapping: Alert appears if you try to map an action onto a key which already has an action mapped.
- For double-tap W for Gallop/Trot toggle: reduced the time window for the second tap, to make it less like to trigger gallop inadvertently.
- When kicking wolves with their front legs, ungulates will not kick quite as quickly in succession, giving the wolf a chance to get away.
- In multiplayer, hares and meat chunks should stay closer to wolf when dropping them to ground.
- In multiplayer, probably some reductions in teleporting during hunts and wolf fights.
- Snowshoe hare: Tweaked AI so it should react sooner to predators.
- Music now plays during scene loading.
- Wolf releases bite-hold on prey if prey runs into water.
- Reduced frequency of eagle cry when flying.
- Changed audio file loading method to reduce excess memory usage.
- Made snowshoe hare more wary of predators.
- In Amethyst in early November, you dream every time you sleep.
- Boulders sometimes have snow when they shouldn't.
- Carrying food in mouth plays dinnertime music.
- Camera lags and jitters when targeted during strafing.
- Snowshoe hare label is inconsistent.
- Autosave schedule progresses when game is paused.
- Some issues with controller support and navigating the main menu UI.
- Line break typo in Lost River mission intro.
- Photo Mode icon doesn't disappear when it should.
- Mouse wheel doesn't zoom on map.
1.0.5d (23 October 2020)
- Halloween decorations in Lost River (and a few in Amethyst Mountain).
- A few more controller improvements.
- In multiplayer, for client players, turning animals will turn to look in the direction of the turn (was previously only for hosts).
- Reduced fox spawning rate a bit.
- Changed texture on frozen creeks.
- Made some reductions in memory load.