Patch 1.0.8o (Released 15 July 2022)
- Randomizer in Wolf Customization: Click the dice button to generate a random wolf: Coat, eye, tail and body customizations (including any DLC you have purchased), attributes, and personality.
- Minimal HUD option in Gameplay Settings. With this enabled, the wolf badge, compass, targeting arrow, courtship banners, and scent readouts are displayed, but other UI elements (bite cursor, NPC health bar, elk health dots, pup hunger meter, and damage indicators are not. Targeting arrow is shown only when locked into an animal or object.
TUTORIAL AND NOTIFICATION IMPROVEMENTS:
- Revised tutorial tips to be less intrusive and more responsive to player actions.
- Added Skip button on quest intro panels to skip the subsequent How to Play panel.
- New toggle in Game Settings>Gameplay to disable common notifications (like Hex is Still Strong, Too Soon, Nearby Den, etc.).
- Some common notifications (about den discovery, pup illness, mate injury) now appear in smaller window in bottom-right corner.
- Added small corner notification when mate's injury heals.
- When starting Establish Territory quest, rival packs will spend a bit more time strengthening their own hexes before claiming new ones.
- Keyboard "Enter" key will now close Mate, Den, and Rendezvous Site naming popups.
- Added a new button on World Map to hide scent post markers (when wolf has that perk).
- Some optimizations to improve GPU performance (mostly on Enhanced Sky & Vegetation mode, and probably mostly noticeable on older/weaker GPUs like GTX 1050).
- Increased ambient light level a bit to reduce darkness of unlit sides of objects.
- Refactored some multiplayer code (should have no noticable effects in gameplay).
- In Endless Summer, the "End Ironwolf Run" dialog has clearer text and more meaningful button names now.
- Better error message when sending an in-game message but game cannot contact server.
- Slough Creek pack wolves now have much more variety in attributes.
- Social Cooldown notification now uses the new, smaller popup in the right corner of the screen.
- Hiding the HUD now hides the animated heart icons on mate and pups.
- Adjusted line spacing in tutorial tips.
- In Multiplayer games, sometimes wrong wolf bio shows in Pack Info panel.
- Sometimes dens don't lose snow cover when going from early Spring (Find a Den quest) to later Spring (Raise Pups quest)
- Some animals leave wide stance snowprints.
- Fall and winter elk calves snap to their feet for a moment if they were prone when killed.
- Lower dead branches on lodgepole pines wiggle too much in the wind.
- Whitebark pine bark is too smooth.
- Some icons in Wolf Customization don't have rounded corners.
- Fur is rendered on Family Tree wolves when fur is disabled.
- Wolf creation's name input field shows controller placeholder text when highlighted without a controller.
- Once a wolf becomes an elder wolf, if you go into the wolf carousel in main menu and modify a different wolf which was created as an ironwolf, then modify and save your elder wolf, that wolf loses it's elder status and won't be marked as dead when it dies.
- In Lost River Classic, camera jitters when underneath fire tower.
- In multiplayer lobby game preview panel, "Starting season" shows for Slough Creek Story mode games, but should not.
- Wrong affinity label on a notification.
- When fur is disabled, wolf coat tint is not applied to wolves inside den.
- Minor issues on a few wolf coats.
- Old text about Tower Fall on Game Help: Loaf at Rendezvous Site panel.
- Tutorial tip about companionship boost not being in effect when overtired is triggered reliably. (Also added a corner notification about this.)
- In Graphics Quality settings, Terrain Blending is not set to Off when switching to Fastest quality level.
- When using controller, certain interactions on Age Perks panel will make controller input stop working.
- Radio collar clips into body of dead wolves.
- Hare carcass changes to incorrect seasonal coat sometimes.
- A few dens don't have the correct den-type scent icon when player has Den Memory perk.
- Buttons on End Ironwolf Run don't work properly.
- In Age Perks panel, "not your birthday" alert appears too soon in certain situations.
- In Age Perks panel, wolf doesn't have fur in certain situations.
- On Name Your Pack panel, clicking in the central area over text field and Suggest a Name button will submit the current name in the text field.
- In Amethyst during winter, cliff rocks have dark areas from terrain blending.
- Photo mode icon has problems when player-wolf is sleeping.
- In Lost River, music sometimes stops abruptly.
- Terrain and water issues.
- Text issues.
Patch 1.0.8n (Released 2 June 2022)
- Elk will stumble occasionally when fleeing from wolves, giving nearby wolves a moment of opportunity to bite while the elk is down. Chances of stumble are higher when elk is low on stamina or health, or running downhill. Elk take damage from stumbling (varies from a little to a lot).
- Wolf bio allows more text (1500 characters, about 250-300 words). The bio is now editable in Pack Info.
- New musical cue when player injury heals.
- Adjusted some odds for competitor den raids to try to balance out variety of attackers.
- When pup is sick, companionship (boosting the pup's odds of recovery) now won't have any effect when the player-wolf's wakefulness drops to zero. (Put on your oxygen mask first, parents!) Companionship effect increased a bit to compensate.
- Elk run faster to catch up when they fall behind the herd.
- Updated "End Ironwolf Run" alert to mention Jump Ahead to Next Year option.
- Sync lowest difficulty with current difficulty when using the Jump Ahead option.
- Changed texture around burrow den near Gravel Fan to match the den texture better.
- Reduced volume of wind-in-grass sound effect.
- Tweaked pup version of Bronze Forehead to be more clearly a black coat.
- Increased odds of carcass spawning when player-wolf is very hungry.
- Multiplayer: When a player-wolf is killed by large prey, the prey is now more likely to wander some distance away from the player, so the player can revive themselves safely.
- Multiplayer: Season is now indicated in preview panel for Pack Life and Territory Quest games.
- Carcass confrontation music keeps playing after competitor leaves carcass.
- If player is in Find New Den subquest when pups near 15 lbs, rendezvous sites do not appear on map when they should.
- Wolf ear customization twitches in Family Tree viewer.
- Bull elk antlers change form upon dying, if bull was spawned in earlier season.
- Cryptic message appears if player tries to log into account that hasn't been activated yet.
- Eagle gets stuck when trying to swoop kill something in certain areas.
- Birds land when trying to circle their target in certain areas.
- Mate can't fight because it's carrying a meat chunk and won't drop it.
- Wrong texture assigned to Frosty NPC coat.
- Wrong coat banner image (displayed during courtship) assigned to 1091 coat.
- Snow accumulation issues on beaver lodges.
- Small white specks on base of tail on some wolf coats.
- In Main Menu, sometimes Secondary Howl 6 won't play audio.
- In very specific circumstance, game freezes after going into My Wolves.
- In very specific circumstance, buttons in Main Menu are disabled and not clickable.
- Buy DLC alert stays onscreen sometimes after leaving wolf customization.
- Coyote howl is silent.
- Pups can have trouble navigating through the roots of the northeast tree-root den.
- Sometimes bark emote has no audio.
- Multiplayer: Game gets stuck if player has Options menu open when another player submits a bug report and window appears asking player to submit one as well.
- Controller: Can't navigate around some Wolf Customization panels.
- Controller: Can't navigate to Finish Quest in Establish Territory Quest panel.
- Scent view breaks if you switch into it the instant you wake up.
- Problems ensue when a pup somehow gets an injury, when that isn't technically allowed.
- Wolf preview in Family Tree doesn't show Blind Eye when it should.
- Multiplayer: Client players cannot move after joining a game.
- Elk sometimes get confused and stop running when the run into a steep slope or wall. (Partial fix, more refined improvements to come in the future.)
- Blind Eye visual glitch when wolf is panting.
- Grizzly bears chase too slowly.
- Mate sometimes get stuck walking into a rock when it's trying to find some privacy.
- Game freezes if player goes to sleep just as a popup window appears.
- Short Tail modification isn't visible on wolves inside den.
- Sometimes game will duplicate wolves when syncing with the server.
- Move to New Den subquest is indented below wrong quest.
- Black smear on left edge of 870Fs mouth
- Hole in the rocky outcrop of Lake McBride.
- Terrain edge visible in one den entrance.
- Wolf canter animation plays too fast.
- Dead wolves don't get Short Tail body mod when they should.
- Ride of the Wapiti music restarts when switching intensity levels.
- Some spring/summer aspens have too much specular lighting on leaves.
- In the northeast root den, ground behind the den doesn't quite meet the terrain.
- Terrain and water issues.
Patch 1.0.8m (Released 14 May 2022)
- Building Character DLC: You can now assign eye customizations to grown-up playable pups.
- Adjusted mate behavior so they won't eat small carcasses at the den if they are already full (Hunger meter is 100% or higher).
- Reduced major injury stamina penalty to -5, to avoid infinite stamina issue on wolf with all possible negative stamina modifers.
- Reduced volume of eating audio a bit.
- Reduced rim lighting on wolf fur (looks a bit velvety in some areas).
- Modest increase in odds of coyote raids on den.
- Building Character DLC: When Short Tail and Cut Off Tail are selected, tail movement is a bit slinky, especially in the main menu.
- In non-Story multiplayer games, problems ensue if a player with Good Memory joins the game.
- Some coats have thin white lines when viewed at certain angles and distances.
- Corneal Edema effect disappears when wolf is panting.
- Wolves don't close their eyes when they die.
- Game can lock up in rare situations where multiple tutorial tips are triggered simultaneously.
Patch 1.0.8l (Released 12 May 2022)
NEW: Building Character DLC
This new DLC pack costs US$6 and includes the following, which you can preview in Wolf Customization before purchasing:
- Ten new coats, five black and five gray, and all based on real Yellowstone wolves.
- Body modifications: Short tail, cut off tail, crooked tail, and snaggletooth.
- Eye modifications: Blind eye and Corneal Edema (caused by injury or disease).
NEW: INJURY SYSTEM
- Player wolf and mate can get injured when taking damage from NPCs. Wolves can suffer a minor injury anytime, but can get a major injury only when they currently have a minor injury, and health is below 60% so it's prudent to avoid danger when you have a minor injury.
- Minor injuries reduce one attribute (Speed, Strength, or Stamina) by 1 and last 1-2 days (healing is faster when health is above 90%).
- Major injuries reduce one attribute by 7 and have one other effect: Slower eating with jaw injury, faster stamina drain when sprinting with torso or leg injury. They last 2-4 days (healing is faster when health is high).
- Major injuries to jaw and torso have no visual manifestation.
- Major injuries to the legs cause the wolf to limp until the injury is healed. Note that the wolf does not treat the limpy leg differently when laying down or doing some actions (it's not horribly painful, it's just sensitive to bearing weight, though there are moments, especially during intense action, when the wolf will put weight on it).
- Mates can suffer injuries (indicated with slash marks on mate's health meter in the wolf badge). They won't carry pups or other things with a major jaw injury, and they lag behind if they have a major leg injury. NPCs can also suffer injuries, but it's unlikely to occur.
- Three new dens underneath tree roots in central and eastern Slough Creek.
- In Slough Creek Endless Summer, a new button on Pack Info to jump ahead to next year, carrying over your current territory to Establish Territory quest.
- In multiplayer, you can choose an initial season when starting a new Territory Quest or Pack Life game in Amethyst or Slough Creek.
- Several new ear injuries in Wolf Customization.
- Five new NPC-only coats (which will appear on dispersal wolves and sometimes on pups when you grow them up into adults in the Family Tree).
- "Favorite" toggle on My Wolves, and filtering option to show only Favorites.Wolf bio moved to its own tab on Pack Info, with readout of coat name and K locus at bottom.
- Modified the spinaround actions so if NPC animal is fleeing, it must first decelerate before spinning around. (This is intended to help the "turn on a dime spinaround" issue when attacking fleeing animals.
- Boar grizzly roars at start of charging attack.
- Most major body customizations (like ears) are visible in scent view.
- Multiplayer: Increased marking power in Story games with two players.
- Improvements to wind sound effects.
- Wolf now has its own barks, none shared with coyotes.
- Added a delay before mate regurgitates after sleeping.
- Amethyst cliff rocks now have nice blending between mesh and terrain.
- New notification text if grizzly kills a pup but then is chased away.
- Dispersal wolves now have a small chance of having a body customization.
- Grizzly fights: Variety of tweaks and refinements.
- Competitor and prey NPCs now look at you (follow your movements) during confrontations.
- Increased maximum food points on moose carcasses.
- Added scent gland mark on wolf tails.
- During den raids, the Enter Den button is disabled so you cannot enter the den (either accidentally when you meant to bite an attacker, or intentionally to hide from the fight).
- Improved colliders around northwest rock den (with the steep vertical rock over the den entrance) to reduce glitchiness when wolf runs into rock wall.
- Autosave icon now respects Hide HUD.
- Hide HUD alert appears for two seconds now instead of three.
- Added an alert if player tries to save a game with a name (such as "con") reserved by Windows file system.
- Controls: Added entries for beaver ambush actions to Controls Remapper.
- Pup sickness: Reduced maximum duration a bit.
- Reduced the maximum effect of bent and flat ears (which didn't work well with some animations like howling).
- Bigger teeth on wolves, the better to eat you with.
- Some improved wind audio.
- Declining pup hunger will prompt mates to go hunting sooner than previously.
- Pups get hungry a bit faster.
- Better Douglas-fir bark texture.
- In Pack Info, readouts turn red when they become concerning.
- Hunger meter on wolf badge has yellow tinted area indicating extra food storage for pups.
- Options menu doesn't stay open on newborn pups screen.
- On Load Game and Saved Game panels, multi-select deletion doesn't work.
- Some international letters don't appear properly in Saved Game naming field.
- Activating Photo Mode just as a quest is completed will freeze the game.
- World Map is low opacity, and missing rival pack names, if opened in a certain sequence.
- Lost River music stops playing after sleeping.
- Music stops at certain point during Loaf at Rendezvous Site.
- Multiplayer: Danger at Den music plays during rival wolf territorial fight if traveling to new homesite.
- Multiplayer den fights get out of whack after the first player dies or otherwise disengages from the fight.
- Multiplayer: Various glitches where the game gets stuck waiting for a player to respond.
- Multiplayer: If one player has Good Memory perk, other players don't see those dens on World Map in many circumstances.
- Mate teleports around a lot in Hank's Ditch in Lost River (and possibly other odd pathfinding bugs).
- When traveling, pups can get lost while pretty close to parents.
- Mule deer freeze when fleeing.
- Controller not detected if it's active before launching the game.
- Controller not detected if plugged in while game scene is loading.
- Controller: Custom control mappings are not loading when controller is connected but not used at game start.
- Controller glyphs missing on certain Game Help entries.
- Coat gene odds rerolled when player clicks Modify Wolf, rather than only if coat or tint is changed.
- At start of new game, player-wolf often has minimal fur effect (until player clicks button on intro panel).
- Beaver scent trails don't get cleared during season transitions, so they can be very very old.
- Eagle continues attacking after getting bored.
- Multiplayer: In certain circumstances, Good Memory perk doesn't display dens to all players.
- Player gets stuck if sleeping in the den when Raise Pups quest ends, and then sleeps again before exiting den.
- Wolf carousel breaks after certain sequence of actions
- Mate starts to return to den when it has regurgitant but immediately stops some distance away.
- Mate hangs out far from den when it has food to regurgitate.
- Flea Load notification won't go away in certain circumstances.
- When game resolution is low, targeting arrow covers up target animal.
- Some runts are not smaller than other pups.
- Sometimes pup blocks player from digging out a new den.
- Occasional issues when logging into account.
- Icons for newer coats on Wolf Customization don't have rounded corners.
- Can't earn Second Timers achievement.
- Eagle attack on den never ends.
- Wolf gets duplicated if two wolves have the same ID when player pulls from server.
- Stray tuft of fur on wolf's right ear.
- Added names for coats without them.
- Tree issues with lighting and snow.
- Text errors.
- Terrain and water issues.
Patch v1.0.8k (17 March 2022)
- Optimizations to movement code.
- Improvements to pathfinding around large obstacles.
- Wolf fights now don't block friendly courtship interactions.
- Increased tall grass rendering distance (so fawn/calf doesn't appear before it does, at least not as noticeably)
- "Hanging with the Pups" music now plays at rendezvous site as well as at den.
- Controller: Changed Left D-pad to Nametags and Down D-pad to Photo Mode (in singleplayer) and Chat (in multiplayer).
- Controller: On Load Game panel, when Filter popout is displayed, pressing "B" button now closes Filter popup instead of closing Load Game panel entirely.
- Controller: On Emotes panel, left/right shoulder bumpers are now used to switch between emote categories, instead of right thumbstick.
- Emotes: Current Favorite emote is now indicated with small "Favorite" text below it, and the glow-highlight that previously indicated that is now used as better feedback about which emote is currently highlighted by mouse or controller thumbstick.
- Emotes panel: Increased delay (from 0.5 seconds to 0.75s) upon selecting an emote before right joystick is active for camera control again.
- Courtship Emotes panel: Assigned correct icon for Confident Tail Wag.
- Setup New Multiplayer Game: Added popup about game modes.
- In Game Settings, increased height of Frame Rate dropdown menu to show all options.
- Enlarged Controls Mapping image (of keyboard, controller, or Steam Deck) for better readability on small screens.
- Updates to Game Help: Learn to Hunt.
- Added custom quest intro text in Lost River for experienced wolves.
- Pack wolves turn hostile after courtship if there's more than one group present. (Fixed by adding rejections to all spawned flocks sharing packs with the courting flocks.)
- Starting new courtship with NPC wolf immediately after rejecting trial mate causes problems.
- Maximum possible initial courtship level of interest is lower than it should be.
- Growling during fights still chases courtables away.
- Mate hangs around den after heading off on their own. (Reason: It has been "defeated" by something and interrupted their trip, yet not properly returning home either.)
- Autosave fails to fire when completing quests (so Experienced tag is not applied to wolf when completing Learn to Hunt quest).
- Pup cannot be targeted if you take it with you to hunting and then summon your mate (because your mate woofs to put all pups in the den before joining you, and the pup with you responds to that command even though far from den). (Fixed now, but it's still not recommended to bring pups on hunting or marking excursions. They really would rather stay back at the den.)
- NPC animals don't consider other animals to be obstacles (so they sometimes clip through other animals or get stuck walking in place behind them).
- Multiplayer: "Waiting for Others" notification locks up screen so player can't do anything.
- Multiplayer: Sometimes pups are outside the den at the start of Raise Pups quest, until the pups exit the den.
- Multiplayer: Disconnected alert is not always displayed if game loses connection with multiplayer server during loading process.
- Multiplayer: Sometimes chat from previous game is carried over into new game.
- Multiplayer: Spawning errors can cause lag for awhile.
- Multiplayer: Autosave fails during Age Perks/Birthday and Newborn Pups.
- Multiplayer: Can't close the "Submit report" alert after another player submits a bug report.
- Multiplayer: AFK players are still considered online for a little while in terms of quest progression.
- Mate keeps stopping mid-chase to growl.
- In-game messages: "Attempting to send message" notification can get stuck onscreen.
- Bug in View Pack panel can cause interface to stop responding to clicks.
- Can't access UI panels after sending friend request.
- Extra notifications sometimes appear when sending messages or adding users to pack.
- Can't reject a trial wolf.
- Account registration: Username field accepts spaces.
- "Ride of the Wapiti" music plays during parts of the elk showdown.
- Controller: Saved Game panels: Cannot use Delete Multiple option properly.
- Controller: Custom rebindings interfere with Emote panel RB/LB input.
- Controller: Can't rename pack in Pack Info panel.
- Controller: Can't dismiss Disconnected from Multiplayer notification.
- Controller: "Use controller?" notification appears after controller is already enabled to use.
- Elk can accidentally kill a raven, causing errors.
- In Slough Creek, distant flooded ponds flicker in fog.
- Terrain and water issues
Patch v1.0.8h (3 March 2022)
- In public games, host's Pack Info panel has a button to make the game private. This hides the game in the MP lobby except for those who are in the game when the host clicks that button.
- In private games, host's Pack Info panel has a button to add other friends to the game, so it will be listed for them in the lobby.
NEW AND IMPROVED: COURTSHIP
We have remade the courtship gameplay to fix some bugs and add new behaviors and functionality:
- If two dispersal groups come to you, interested in courtship, you can now growl at one group to send them away without sending the other group away as well.
- When encountering wolves from a rival pack, if some are interested in courtship, you must immediately show your intentions with submissive behaviors or they'll assume you are hostile and will fight you. You don't have to fight the non-interested wolves anymore, and they will stay around during courtship to ensure the safety of their packmate(s).
- Rival pack wolves aren't courtable if you've recently marked inside their territory.
- If you reject a wolf after its heart-meter fills up, it'll lose some affinity and walk away -- but then come back around in hopes it can still persuade you.
- NPC wolves can court each other (though it's rare to see this in the current game -- this is more for future gameplay in the Saga).
STEAM DECK SUPPORT
WolfQuest now fully supports Steam Deck. We made many small refinements and improvements to controller support, as well as refinements specific to the Deck hardware and inputs, to ensure the game works well on the Deck. Most of these improvements will also make controller experience better in general.
- Territory size (and to a lesser extent strength) have much more effect now on stranger wolf attacks. A good territory has two-hex buffer all around your den. Stranger wolves care about how far they have to travel in your territory to reach your pups, not about the total size of your territory.
- Multiplayer: If a player leaves the game but remains in limbo, their slot is reserved (while in limbo) so the room cannot fill while they are away.
- Multiplayer: If a player whose wolf is in limbo in a game session returns to the multiplayer lobby, a notification appears asking if they want to rejoin that game.
- Multiplayer: Leaving games should be more reliable now.
- Competitor NPCs animals eat less from carcasses, so carcasses are not consumed as quickly.
- If player fails to complete Slough Creek after advancing in age, when starting a new Slough Creek game, mate will also advance in age to keep player-wolf and mate age in sync.
- Reduced the Affinity threshold for pups in tall grass when traveling (about halfway back to what it has been previously).
- Controller: Changed left D-Pad to Chat, and moved Headcam to double-pull on left shoulder.
- Controller: Added Headcam tip for controllers on notification when eagle attacks.
- Controller: Added controller input icon for Peaceful Death.
- Controller: Refined navigation on coat selection panel of wolf customization.
- Added Nametags dropdown on Game Settings panel.
- Added Nametags option on Remap Controls panel for game controllers (currently unmapped, but available for remapping).
- Cropped the badge's pawprint icon, as it had a row of invisible pixels at the top which made the health level non-intuitive.
- Prevent usernames consisting only of numbers, as those can cause problems with the WQ account system.
- Inverted the stranger airborne scent icon, to contrast better with player's scent post icon at a distance.
- Refined elk hunt music so it switches back from showdown to chase music if solo elk starts fleeing again.
- When in Pupcam, player-wolf's head doesn't follow camera viewing direction now.
- Improved wolf's aim when urinating and appearance of urine stream.
- Reduced wolf howl volume at medium (20-100m) distances.
- Removed the Basic/Enhanced Sky & Vegetation toggle on Apple Silicon Macs (since the trees are wonky in Basic and M1s can run Enhanced.)
- Increased ambient occlusion before sunset and after sunrise to improve visuals.
- Better texture for Douglas-fir bark.
- Adjusted volume of music and sounds at end of Courtship quest.
- Made FPS display more readable.
- Assigned correct Confident Tail Wag icon on Courtship Emote wheel.
- Added a delay to prevent dens from flooding while newborn pups are in it.
- Tweaks to predator attack frequency.
- Adjusted wolf walking speed to match animation speed better.
- Cougars can attack when you are moving to a new homesite.
- NPC wolves just can't stop themselves when eating at a carcass.
- Mate won't eat a meat chunk at den (unless very hungry), even if pups are too young to eat it.
- Mate won't eat a meat chunk if it's too close to pups (even if pups can't eat it).
- Mate won't feed pups if there's a meat chunk at den, when the pups are too young to eat meat chunks.
- Mate won't drop pup during journey sometimes.
- Mate sometimes carries pup to you when you're out marking territory.
- Stranger wolves don't attack summer pups.
- At night in winter, ambient occlusion is too strong and causes dark flickering behind trees.
- Staying in den with sick pup will ensure its recovery.
- Multiplayer: Incorrect text on disconnect alerts (saying whether host or you have disconnected).
- Multiplayer: Players are stuck with black screen if they have not saved/reloaded game since starting new MP game.
- Multiplayer: Players in limbo are included in the Pack Rally requirement.
- Multiplayer: Tail keeps wagging when player goes into limbo.
- Multiplayer: When a notification is onscreen, you cannot type into text chat.
- Multiplayer: Some issues with chat input when using both controller and keyboard.
- Several things interrupt predators when en route to a homesite raid.
- Going into scent view just as you are going to sleep enables scent view, and it can't be disabled.
- Stray "100%" readout on the margin of the World Map sometimes.
- Scrolling does not reset to top of long panels such as those in Game Help.
- Error when loading game with unborn pups.
- In Setup New Game panel, depending on visible dropdowns, Start Game button navigation could jump the last one.
- On very rare occasions, ungulates spawn at den.
- Find a Den quest music doesn't play properly.
- Saving game sometimes erroneously says save exists already.
- FPS Alert is inaccurate in certain moments.
- When remapping an input with multiple actions associated with it, those associated actions were not recreated when the action was remapped again.
- Terrain edge peeks through entrance tunnel at several burrow dens.
- Sometimes damage sound effects don't play when they should.
- Pups don't close their eyes when they sleep or howl.
- White edge on right eye of Tawny wolf coat.
- Low texture quality selected incorrectly on higher graphics quality levels in Amethyst map.
- Massive lag spikes in certain, probably not too common, situations that make the game unplayable.
- Error when saving game (possible fix).
- Elk meat chunk has wrong scent color.
- Terrain and water issues.
Patch v1.0.8g (31 January 2022)
- Lost pups will sometimes howl back at the player, and if they do, their icon will appear on the compass briefly to help you find them.
- New volume sliders in Audio Settings for Nearby Howls and Animal Sounds.
- Added Regenerate Family Snapshot button to Pack Info during the Journey to Slough Creek quest, in case player changes their mate's name.
- "Hanging Out with the Pups" music now plays sometimes when at the den.
- On Account panel, added new toggle to hide your email address (for streamers).
- Mate is now more attentive to finding food when moderately hungry.
- Volume in Audio Settings has a more useful dropoff curve now (might need readjusting depending on your custom settings).
- Low FPS Alert should be more reliable now, much less likely to be triggered when FPS is good.
- Achievements layout adjusts better at lower resolutions.
- In Wolf Customization, names that are too short (two characters or fewer) are now flagged as such.
- Late summer mule deer fawns do a bit more damage when kicking.
- Elk weave back and forth less when being chased.
- Increased ambient occlusion during rain, snow, and nightime, for better realism.
- Reduced moose and mule dear health levels in spring and early summer, to match elk and be more realistic.
- Moose get tired more quickly when fleeing.
- Upon reaching rendezvous site, the spiral camera movement stops after awhile.
- On World Map, you can now edit the name of a custom marker without moving it to your current location.
- Added special alert if game cannot sync files to server because player is not logged into their OneDrive account.
- New method for loading terrain materials to reduce memory load (currently only in Amethyst).
- Tweaks to snow coverage on terrain.
- Multiplayer: Game progress stalls if host dies while Name Rendezvous Site or similar panels are displayed.
- Multiplayer: Sometimes notification incorrectly says that host has disconnected.
- In multiplayer games, some alerts like Revive don't respect the Hide HUD setting.
- In Load/Save Game panel, multiplayer games have Mate line even though there are no mates in MP games.
- New Trial Mate music doesn't loop.
- In Slough Creek games, Endless Summer quest does not show on Quests panel.
- Wolf bodies can get wonky if you enable Photo Mode and then orbit the camera around.
- Mate sometimes moves too fast in water when chasing prey.
- Bull ungulates can spam-attack wolves, doing excessive damage.
- Mate can get stuck holding pup on some topography.
- After a certain sequence of events in multiplayer games, a player can get the wolf of another player in their carousel.
- In multiplayer, problems ensue if a client disconnects before getting spawned into the game.
- Problems ensue if mate goes hunting when pups are responding to feeding by it.
- Pups don't sleep when player is away on an excursion.
- In Wolf Customization, wolf is facing away after a certain sequence of player actions.
- In Wolf Customization, wolves with inherited black variation coats can't be edited.
- Sow grizzly does not respect fur settings.
- Terrain issues.
Patch v1.0.8f (17 January 2022)
- Five more tags added for multiplayer games.
- NPC wolf response howls not reliably synced in multiplayer games.
- When near the edge of Slough Creek map, trees at opposite end of map don't render.
- Cougar whiskers are black, should be white.
- Text edits.
Patch v1.0.8e (16 January 2022)
- Prey animals expend more energy now when fighting wolves in standing defense, reducing the damage they deal with each kick.
- Alert about not being able to mark a carcass won't appear now if the carcass can't be eaten.
- In certain circumstances, mates do not respond to secondary howls.
- World Map homesite icons don't update when quest changes.
- World Map map marker delete button doesn't appear reliably
- Occasionally music stops playing.
- Text errors.
Patch v1.0.8d (15 January 2022)
- Dispersal and stranger wolves howl in response to player howls. Howl icon appears on compass to mark location of howling wolves if 50-2000m away from player-wolf. Dispersals will howl during Find a Mate and Find a New Mate quests. Stranger wolves will howl anytime (though not every time the player howls). They will also howl sometimes without provocation.
- Damage dealt by animals is now affected by their energy level: Prey animals with high energy can do more damage than before, but deal less damage as energy level decays.
- Mate now won't hunt bison or other big animals unless the player literally bites them, and even then they may not, if prey is excessively formidable.
- Mate will start following the player sooner, regardless of personality.
- Made mate less likely to attack calves instead of following player's lead.
- Ravens will come a bit closer to you when eating at a carcass
- Player can interrupt the Roll mote (after first 1.5 seconds of it).
- Dispersal wolves who are waiting for a fight to end will now sit down and rest while they wait.
- Elk slow down less when running through forest.
- Adjusted player-marker color on World Map to better contrast against red hexes.
- Refinements to mate's path when running with player-wolf.
- Mate and pup nametags are enabled by default in multiplayer games, and remember their previous state (on or off) when loading a saved game.
- On World Map, pack territories and percentage readouts remember their previous state (on or off) when loading a saved game.
- Made double-tap input timing a bit more forgiving.
- Shortened the minimum duration of long-tap (to pick up pups, meat chunks, etc.), trying to find the right breakpoint between short and long taps.
- In multiplayer games, notification buttons adjust between yellow clickable buttons and keyboard-input buttons if cursor is locked or unlocked while notification is displayed.
- In multiplayer, the AFK timer is reduced from 5 minutes to 2.5 minutes, and now officially-AFK players do not delay quest progression.
- On Wolf Customization, the Wolf Name input field flashes if player clicks on Save/Continue button before giving the wolf a name.
- Snowshoe hare summer coat is darker, more realistic.
- Refinements to distant animal ambient sounds.
- Multiplayer achievements killing big prey can be earned even if you died during the fight.
- Multiplayer: Sometimes player wolf does not despawn properly, causing problems in Newborn Pups scene.
- SC multiplayer: Players get stuck if Find New Den subquest was active when Raise Pups quest ends.
- Chase music keeps playing after chase ends.
- In multiplayer, pressing X key to decline to submit bug report makes wolf howl.
- Mate gets closer than intended when coming to player after running, and comes too close after you stop.
- Pups can slip out of den when mate leaves home site to go to hunt with player.
- Predators can attack den in the brief window between the mate leaving and the pups reaching the den.
- Mate struggles to bite beavers.
- Mate runs in circles with a meat chunk.
- Mate keeps returning to carcass when sent home.
- Bull ungulates do no damage during charging attacks.
- Pups come to player over a long distance when traveling.
- Mate gets stuck when returning to player or returning to den.
- Beavers play running animation in slow-motion when walking.
- Wolves kick up snow dust when on terrain that doesn't have snow.
- Large pebbles float above ground along Hornaday Creek.
- Dispersal wolves are frozen if you start sleeping as you're just awakening while they're present.
- Mysterious creek sounds in one area of Amethyst during winter.
- Chorus frogs are not calling in Slough Creek meadows in spring and summer nights.
- Terrain and water issues.
Patch v1.0.8c (6 January 2022)
- Adjusted how NPC wolf personalities are created, so fewer will have "average" personalities in the middle of the ranges.
- More ravens now circle above carcasses.
- Stranger wolves now tuck their tails when fleeing after losing a fight.
- Leaving wolf creation/modifying panel with unsaved changed now displays a confirmation notification on screen.
- Reduced the required howling time to place a carcass marker (because for wolves with long howls, some players had trouble placing markers if they didn't let the how finish completely.)
- Adjusted the single-tap (on spacebar or other key) duration requirement to be more accepting of various tap styles.
- Improvements to mate's behavior when following player.
- On Easy difficulty, cougars are much too easy to thwart.
- Carcasses spawn more readily now when player is low on health and food.
- Multiplayer lobby: New column indicating private games.
- Icons for Original Coats in Wolf Customization now show those actual coats (previously showed icons for the Classic Coats).
- Added "Hide Ironwolves" toggle in My Wolves and Setup New Game panel.
- Improvements to mate hunting behavior.
- Mate is more eager to attack calves and fawns during calf-mother fights.
- Mate is a bit less jumpy when attacked.
- Slough Creek multiplayer: Sometimes no music playing after leaving den.
- SC multiplayer: When choosing rendezvous site, text on World Map refers to dens instead.
- If you bite-hold a stranger wolf while sliding down a slope, wolves stop but camera keeps sliding.
- Mate (and other animals) too eager to slow down when encountering obstacles.
- Mate won't quite go home when sent home alone.
- Game stalls at end of sleep period if a notification is trying to be displayed but cannot.
- Sometimes mate doesn't return to player after a hunting excursion.
- Mate still too easily "distracted" when following the player
- Mate sometimes falls behind for no good reason and has to catch up to the player.
- Mate gets stuck in loops near creeks when moving on their own.
- NPCs can get stuck behind mid-sized obstacles.
- Pups don't come out when mate returns home alone.
- Wolves sometimes don't react to dangerous prey animals, letting the prey pummel them to death. (In particular, mate when traveling alone and running into bison.)
- Wolf pup carcass does not glow in scent view.
- In rare situations, mid-distance terrain does not get rendered when Enhanced Vegetation is enabled.
- In multiplayer chat panel, the scrollbar does not go to the right place if the player sends a message with the bar above the bottom.
- In multiplayer lobby, in a very specific state, game could stay stuck on "changing multiplayer region" notification.
- If number keys are remapped by player, then the multiplayer input keys can trigger other actions.
- Interface elements specific to pup-raising sometimes appear on other maps.
- Cursor focus is lost on the Bug Reporter when a non-pausing notification appears behind it.
- Stranger wolves do not always howl after chasing the player out of their territory.
- Missing text on notification when grizzly or coyotes give up den raid.
- In Slough Creek story mode, problems ensue if a player is inside the den when the pack begins to move to another den, or to the rendezvous site.
- In multiplayer lobby, if the list of games refreshes, the current selection can switch to a newly added game.
- Sometimes carcasses decay much too quickly. (Fix will work only in new games.)
- In certain circumstances, player can get stuck in den at end of Raise Pups quest.
- Cougar never arrives at den during raid.
- Terrain and water issues.
Patch v1.0.8b (29 December 2021)
- Multiplayer: Added notification if a player is away from keyboard (after five minutes), also noted on Pack Info.
- Elk run more slowly as their health drops.
- In Game Help, updated text about coat color and pup health to match that in Find a Mate quest tips.
- Added note to Power Pack and Living the Life achievements about needing at least three pups still alive to earn the achievement.
- Controller: Fixes and improvements to controller navigation in main menu.
- In Setup New Game, selected/highlighted states of dropdown items now have a more prominent color.
- Improved feedback in notification when deleting duplicated files on server (which can take awhile).
- Mate and other NPCs can get stuck behind large rocky obstacles.
- Controller: Some issues when navigating buttons and input fields on Setup New Game and Game Settings
- Can play emotes even in in Pupcam mode (and in general, emotes override everything).
- Problems ensue if player refuses to leave den when Journey quest begins.
Mouse glyphs don't always show correctly in quest and notification popups.
- In MP games in which the Host Decides when to sleep, one player can wait on sleeping long enough that sleep track ends. resulting in no music playing.
- Aurora (Northern lights) are extremely rare.
- Beaver hunting "Hold Still" notification loops if you are already pressing the R key.
- Terrain issues.
- Text errors.
Patch v1.0.8a (22 December 2021)
- Multiplayer lobby: Game preview panel updates now if you use arrow keys to move up or down the list.
- Multiplayer lobby: Now you can click on a header to sort the list alphabetically.
- Carcass Markers (created by howling at a carcass) are now created only for large carcasses (those that can't be carried). Also added tutorial tip about this.
- Slough Creek Multiplayer: Refined the genetics logic when all parents have black coats (Kk genes) so their litters will be on the small side.
- Multiplayer: When one player submits a bug report in multiplayer games, other players are prompted to submit a report as well, to help bugfixing.
- Multiplayer: Adjusted some values for territory claiming and decay with 2-3 players in game.
- Slough Creek Multiplayer: Reduced chances of den flooding in Accelerated Time mode.
- Slough Creek Multiplayer: Reduced frequency of predator den attacks in Normal Time mode.
- Slough Creek Multiplayer: Made territory claiming a bit easier when 2-3 players are in game.
- Setup New Game panel now remembers if you are loading a MP game and exit to create or edit a wolf.
- More debugging added for certain multiplayer issues.
- Minor text edits and improvements.
- Achievements No More Bull and We'll Eat Like Kings can be earned even if player-wolves die while making the kill.
- Slough Creek multiplayer: Player can get stuck at beginning or end of Establish Territory quest if they switch to free camera immediately when joining the game.
- The Grinch stole the holiday decorations in Lost River.
- Pups get stuck in den if they were exiting to greet a player and that player logged out in that very moment.
- Multiple pups can get sick at the same time when reaching the rendezvous site. (They were trying so hard to not get sick while traveling...)
- A bold mate can prevent pups from sleeping by howling too much.
- Error when trying to log into game account in Slough Creek quest.
- A very specific sequence can cause no music to be playing.
- Single-player: The den attack icon disappears if you move away from the homesite.
- Sometimes the hex readouts are not visible on the World Map.
- Wrong action icon on Pup Found notification.
- If game is windowed, it goes to fullscreen if player tabs out and returns.
- Friend Request notifications don't appear during gameplay.
Terrain and boulder tweaks.
Update v1.0.8 (16 December 2021)
NEW: SLOUGH CREEK MULTIPLAYER!
In Story mode, establish a territory, choose a den, and raise pups in multiplayer, just as in single-player! All gameplay is the same, with some new multiplayer-only features:
- Two decision-making options: Host Decides (when choosing den and rendezvous site, and deciding when to move to a new den or rendezvous site) and Majority Rules (all players vote on homesites and when to move).
- Two time-speed options: Normal (same as single-player) and Accelerated (pups grow faster, resulting in game duration of roughly two hours, give or take).
- Pup Favorites: Each pup has a favorite adult wolf (initially the player who named them), whom they will socialize with more often, and follow when traveling to a new den or rendezvous site. Feed and socialize with this pup to maintain your status (but the more pups who consider you their favorite, the harder it will be to maintain that status.).
ALSO NEW IN MULTIPLAYER:
- Two other Slough Creek Multiplayer modes: Pack Life (live and hunt in an area which stranger wolves cannot claim) and Territory Acquisition (compete with stranger wolves for territory).
- Four territory configurations to choose from in each mode.
- Twelve new achievements to earn, mainly in Slough Creek Story mode.
- Carcass markers: Carcasses often provide more food than you can eat in one sitting. When at a carcass, howl to mark its location on the compass and World Map until it has been consumed. (In multiplayer, this will also share the carcass's location with all current members of your pack.) Also, the carcass icon (in airborne scents and on map and compass) is now an X.
- Pup health and hunger: Late summer is a challenging time because prey are healthier and pups are growing faster, so pups are now a bit hungrier in May and June, and noticeably hungrier later in the summer. Pups also lose health when very hungry, raising the threat of death from malnutrition if players don't keep them well-fed -- this is also greater for the summer pups. Summer pups also have a somewhat larger appetite.
- Eagle attacks at the den are more exciting now.
- Pup AI: Pups will often take a nap after filling their tummies, and they will always move away from the carcass so other pups can reach it.
- Pup sickness: Pups won't get sick until a few game-hours into Raise Pups quest. Reduced the duration of sickness, and minor tweaks to make kk pups more likely to get sick compared to Kk pups. Reduced odds of dying some. Reduced the chances of a pup getting sick for a second time.
- Lost pups: Reduced the period of time that pups can be lost before dying in the wilderness.
- Increased pup eating speed (somewhat faster in spring, more in summer).
- When pups are clustered around a carcass, it can be hard for player to target the carcass, so now you can target it more easily if you walk up close to it.
- Mate: Reduced the distance from the den that the mate will feed pups at.
- Age Perks: Reduced Youthful Prowess effects on competitors.
- Made grizzlies and cougars a bit more persistent during den raids.
- Multiplayer: Now you can rename game when loading a save (and if there is already an active MP game with that name, you are prompted to change the name of your game).
- Multiplayer: Players joining a game are invulnerable to damage for 20 seconds (so they can get away from dangerous NPCs if they happen to spawn right by one).
- Multiplayer: Players do not lose control of their wolf now when notifications appear onscreen, and can use X key (or Enter key) to close the notification, instead of using mouse. Notifications now show key input to continue or make selection. (X and Enter also work in singleplayer games, but these other change to notifications do not affect singleplayer.)
- Changed time of Newborn Ungulate subquest popup from 6am to 1am on June 1st, so people will stop bugging me about finding newborns in those six hours before the popup appears.
- Prey carcasses emit airborne scents more frequently.
- Scent posts emit airborne scents less frequently.
- NPC obstacle avoidance code is now multi-threaded, which should have minor performance improvement.
- Increased stamina drain when carrying a pup (now you can carry it for 100 seconds, previously was about 130s).
- Modest reduction in coyote aggressiveness during den raids. (Not too much though, since coyotes are the most vulnerable of all competitors to wolves, so coyotes would be pretty fierce to eliminate the future competition aka wolf pups, compared to bears and cougars.)
- Mate will regurgitate more when pups are very hungry.
- Increased the min/max distance that carcasses can spawn (because now with the carcass markers, we don't need as many carcasses out there).
- Loaf at Rendezvous Site quest intro texts modified to mention risk of malnutrition.
- Added a note in Lost River intro dialog about not being able to have pups there.
- Tweaks to the NPC spawning reductions based on CPU benchmarking (less reduction when fewer animals are spawned, more reductions when a lot of animals are spawned). These reductions are now applied in single-player as well as multiplayer, to prevent CPU-based performance issues.
- Reduced grass density at maximum graphics settings to eliminate micropauses on GTX 20XX-generation GPUs.
- Douglas-fir trees in Amethyst look a bit better, not as dark.
- Multiplayer: Nametags don't appear on other players in certain circumstances.
- Pathfinding: Mate stuck on top of rock den (and animal long distance pathfinding in general).
- Pathfinding: Mate does not come to player after secondary howl.
- Pup is running in place near parent when it should be sleeping. (Why? Because it's a social pup and wants to closer to the parent before sleeping, but can't get there.)
- Sometimes mate stops moving when carrying pup.
- Wolf panting sound effect is much too quiet.
- Sometimes wolf cannot pick up beaver, fawn, or calf carcass.
- Birds sometimes fly just above ground and/or move with jittery, slow animations.
- In SC winter, some tree stumps are missing, but their colliders are not.
- Find a Den quest music only plays once, at start of quest, never again.
- Merch popup has wrong title text.
- Dinner (carcass) music plays when there is no carcass nearby.
- MP: Disconnected notification does not appear if player is disconnected while joining a game.
- Game fails to load properly (stuck on aerial view of map) if player had previously quit the game during dreams.
- SC: Elk calves in winter are a bit too small.
- MP: When host closes the game, clients don't get notified for 8-10 seconds.
- Mate can get stuck at certain water locations.
- Mate can get stuck when trying to carry meat out of water.
- Lost River Multiplayer: Howls and other animal and natural audio are muted.
- Pups can get sick immediately at start of Raise Pups quest.
- Competitors can attack during the Loaf at Rendezvous site conclusion howl/spiral camera.
- Fearful Snarl emote gives speed boost when running.
- Stranger wolves don't have correct stranger-wolf airborne scent icon.
- Male ungulates can do glitchy multiple frontal attacks in a very short period of time.
- Mate can't catch hare.
- LR: Birds and distant animal audio does not play.
- Long distance navigation problem can cause unexpected NPC movements.
- MP: Wolf's mouth remains open if it was carrying something when going offline
- If game resolution is set to something lower than monitor's native resolution, tabbing away from game and returning can make game switch to native resolution.
- Terrain issues.
Patch v1.0.7m - (4 November 2021)
- Switched to colorblind-safe colors for Slough Creek territory map (somehow still had original colors from Amethyst).
- Player-wolf and NPCs sometimes have trouble finding the shortest path to nearby object like carcass or food chunk.
- Elk mother circling wolf and calf without attacking, and several other elk pathfinding bugs.
- Sometimes birds are motionless in sky.
- In certain circumstances, game gets stuck on black screen when Raise Pups quest ends.
- HUD resizes when launching the game each time.
- Some invisible obstacles in Amethyst.
- On some graphics cards, wet aspen leaves look bluish.
- Dead pup lying on ground has one eye open.
- Mule deer and cougar can't reach thair maximum flee speeds.
- Multiplayer: when joining a game, sometimes camera doesn't swing around behind the player-wolf.
- Wolf moves too fast when stalking.
- In Lost River, several stranger wolf scent posts are floating high in the air on the east border.
- Ranger crew cleared logs from Slough Creek wagon trail, and did it properly this time.
- Animals sometimes have non-glowing areas in Scent View.
- There are some whitebark pine trees in Lamar Valley.
- On Basic Vegetation mode, there are no willow bushes in Lamar Valley.
- One type of fescue grass has poorly-chosen LOD settings.
- Light snow appears oddly on leaves of creekside aspens in Amethyst.
- One spawn location for handbag is too close to a tree to be picked up.
- Controls Remapper fails after specific sequence of remappings.
- Terrain and water issues.
Patch 1.0.7la (29 October 2021)
Switched to simpler/faster shader on tree stumps on Basic Vegetation mode.
- Invisible obstacles in Slough Creek.
- In Family Tree, sometimes pup animations don't start playing for several seconds.
- Gore dialog appears on collectible objects if you find one of those before finding a carcass.
1.0.7l (29 October 2021)
NPC PATHFINDING, OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE, AND MOVEMENT IMPROVEMENTS:
- These systems have been overhauled to be more robust. This should eliminate a lot of issues with NPCs becoming stuck at boulders, and they should be much more adept at avoiding boulders, especially when running (i.e. elk fleeing predators).
VEGETATION AND ENVIRONMENT IMPROVEMENTS:
- New vegetation added: snowberry and huckleberry bushes in the woods, autumn maple saplings along creeks in Amethyst, fireweed and red paintbrush in Slough Creek meadows.
- Added a new option on Game Settings > Graphics Quality> Grass and Bush Diversity. What was "High" is now "Medium" and has some of the new vegetation, and the new "High" option has more of it at greater densities.
- A few junipers added on rocky outcrops around Slough Creek.
- Increased the forest ground clutter with more and bigger logs, more tree stumps, etc.
- Switched to a better tree shader for visual improvements.
- Rendezvous Site quests now extend into August, when terrain greenery is starting to fade and snowberry and huckleberry bushes have berries.
- Removed lodgepole pines from shady north-facing slopes and made them grow in clusters on sunnier slopes elsewhere.
- Rain and snow are more affected now by strong winds, falling at an angle.
- Refinements to fog fade in/out timing and speed when weather changes.
- Added strong wind and distant thunder sound effects when a storm is approaching.
- Improved cliff rocks at head of Boulder Canyon (just below First Meadow) and a few other places.
- Added a few more boulders to Boulder Canyon.
- Family Tree: Pup preview now indicates if pup is male or female.
- On Setup New Game panel, removed option to show dead wolves, and to keep Ironwolf difficulty level for each ironwolf.
- When viewing customization panel for grown pup, you can now scroll down to see which coat it has (but you still can't change the coat).
- When filtering games and wolves in main menu, cursor is now automatically placed in the search field so you don't have to click there before typing.
- Quest music for Find a Den will now play more often when in that quest.
* Added Login panel to game scenes (so you can log anywhere, not just in the main menu).
- More cleaned-up audio by SkyRIder: Pup whines, whimpers, and howls, and distant ambient sounds.
- Elk now lose energy somewhat faster when fleeing and will slow down sooner This is to rebalance the elk hunt now that the elk run at their maximum speed more reliably due to better obstacle avoidance.
- Minor reductions to memory load.
- Graphics quality pulldown is finally long enough to show all options without scrolling.
- After deleting a wolf in main menu, wolf carousel stays on nearby wolf instead of resetting.
- Halloween comes to Slough Creek.
- Clear wolf filtering when browsing Family Tree, to avoid confusion when returning to the wolf carousel.
- Increased decay time for carcasses (generally about 50% longer now).
- In Game Controls, added a toggle to invert orbit camera X axis
- On Load Saved Game, added readout for game map.
- On Load Game panel, you can now close the Filter pulldown by clicking anywhere outside of it.
- Adjusted camera swing-back movement after releasing right-click orbit, to return steering control to player more quickly.
- Refinements to snow accumulation/melting timing and speed on trees and terrain.
- On World Map, territory hex readouts are easier to read.
- Scent readout for individual elk indicates type of elk as well as herd.
- Refined the music logic for triggering Ride of the Wapiti (elk hunt) tracks.
- Pack Stats indicates which players are sleeping.
- Players in Limbo cannot be attacked by competitors or take damage from any NPC.
- Map markers for other players are now blue (to make them easier to differentiate from den icons in Slough Creek).
- Revised thumbstick movements in game panels, e.g. left/right now stays in header-button row and you must move down to jump down to main area of each panel.
- Added Emote Favorite to Controls Remapping.
- Added tip in Game Help about how to Fast Heal (in multiplayer) when using controller.
- When controller is enabled, default to Controller subpanel on Remap panel.
- Pups almost never die of sickness.
- If camera is low to ground, grass is visible through World Map is opened.
- When inside the den, fur is enabled even if disabled in Graphics settings.
- Unexpected error alert appears without cause.
- Dead pup is not positioned correctly in parent's mouth when being carried. (Also, the pup's eyes are open, creepy!)
- Wolves kick up snow when running on snowless riverbank pebbles.
- Rusty Bowl collectible object is not quite positioned correctly in wolf's mouth.
- File Sync issues, especially with disabling the syncing.
- Occasionally hare switches to wrong coat after dying.
- Hare has winter coat in Lost River if you play long enough in multiplayer.
- Can get stuck on Pack Info panel if trying to add friends while it is open.
- If another notification happens to be triggered while on the Age Perks panel at the end of Find a Den quest, you are stuck and cannot proceed.
- Sometimes when deleting multiple saved games, the wrong games are deleted.
- Remapping ESC key to some other function causes problems.
- Music cue for sick pup doesn't play.
- Sometimes rain falls only in a small area away from the player-wolf.
- In the Family Tree, if you choose a grown pup in the carousel, and then go up, up, up through the generations to the original parent wolf, and then choose another of that wolf's mates in the upper left pulldown, the panel layout breaks.
- Sometimes the scroll bar disappears on the wolf bio in wolf customization
- Some carcasses don't glow sometimes.
- In Lost River, issues with Quest and Roaming music tracks.
- When a competitor grabs a pup, it drops it if the player comes close to it.
- Multiplayer: Sometimes other players don't have nametags (possible fix, please report if you see this still happening).
- Sometimes wolf coat changes when emerging from den.
- Buggy behavior with graphics-VRAM warning alert.
- Dead mate is shown in Setup New Slough Creek game if they were still alive in any Family Tree.
- Hare carcasses do not decay and despawn properly.
- World Map with territories displayed sometimes is grayscale.
- Footsteps and other sound effects keep playing when game is paused.
- Occasionally wolves sink into the ground.
- In Family Tree, pup animations in preview panel don't blend smoothly from one to the next.
- On some computers, part of the 3D wolf preview in the Family Tree is translucent.
- Sound of rainfall can occur without rain falling.
- Some interface elements are misplaced on certain screen resolutions.
- 3D wolf on peaceful death screen is placeholder, not player wolf.
- Issues with account registration and login.
- Oil Lamp collectible item does not show correct text when found.
- Age Perks are inaccessible to controller.
- Wolf attributes are not listed consistently on various interface panels.
- Occasionally the targeting arrow is not aligned above targeted animal.
- Snow appears on animals when it hasn't been snowing.
- Can't remove player from a pack.
- Terrain and water issues.
1.0.7k (2 Sept 2021)
- If, when the player earns an achievement, the game cannot connect to the game server, after 60 seconds an alert now appears about the issue, suggesting a restart. Pending achievements are now included in the saved game so they can be unlocked after restarting and loading the game (assuming the game can connect to the server then).
- Moose calves are not being spawned.
- In Basic Vegetation mode, grass grows on the SC wagon trail.
- Upper Hornaday Creek has gone dry.
1.0.7j (27 August 2021)
- Reduced the maximum orangish-brown tint on NPC wolves.
Refinements to and clean-up of primary and secondary howl audio.
- Several login issues.
- Sometimes game doesn't show proper feedback after saving.
- Pressing enter (and then clicking Save) after editing wolf bio doesn't apply changes.
- "Pups left outside" alert appears even if mate stays back at den.
- Loading a saved game with a nine-year-old wolf will not unlock Age 8 achievements.
- Perks currently selected in a saved game (saved before 1.0.7h release) aren't counted toward Well-Rounded Wolf achievement.
- Carcass Conquest achievement can be unlocked over a meat chunk or hare carcass
- Pup can get stuck in stumble action forever.
- Eagle gets stuck hovering above ground if hare escapes its clutches.
- Wolf sometimes pants when swimming–putting mouth underwater.
- Wolf holds horseshoe awkwardly in mouth.
- Pups exiting Lakeshore den float off ground a bit.
- Teddy bear on rock can't be picked up.
- Inner crevices of some cliffs in Amethyst are very very dark at night.
- Wolf keeps tripping when carrying binoculars.
- Wolf only opens mouth partly when howling in one laying-down pose.
- If player switches to photo mode when sleeping, then forgets they are in photo mode, they are unable to wake up.
- In Game Accounts: Friends, problems ensue if you add yourself as a member of a pack you own.
- Bull elk carcass grows antlers if killed in early spring and still around in late spring.
- Rain sound effect can occur without rain falling.
- Controls remapper doesn't prevent a conflict in certain obscure situations.
- If AFK for a long time, controller can start moving wolf or camera without user input.
- When opening Save Game panel with controller, default focus isn't text input field, but should be.
- On World Map, the "traveling home" icon appears during Find Den quest, but should only appear later during Moving and Journey quests.
- FPS Alert does not prevent opening the Graphics Quality menu (thus allowing players to change settings while the panel is opened, causing errors).
- In multiplayer, assigning a MP pack name does not work first time.
- Wolf tries to lick itself while holding an object in its mouth.
- Some interface panels do not appear properly on ultrawide screens.
- Issues with alerts when joining multiplayer fails.
- Error when game tries to delete a pre-2021 wolf, causing a duplicate.
- Alert "Can't sleep when dangerous competitors are near" won't go away after loading a save with a rare error.
- Pup sometimes stands up briefly and then lays down again.
- Elk graze in water.
- Terrain and water issues.
- Our long national nightmare is over: You can now type "Scooby Doo" in multiplayer chat.
Patch 1.0.7h2 (18 August 2021)
- On Steam, achievements do not sync with Steam achievements.
- Sometimes (if you start Slough Creek from beginning and play through without saving and reloading), player-wolf is partially underground when digging den, and pup and mates are underground when emerging from den.
- Wolf's mouth is closed when carrying an object while swimming.
- Rocks around Amethyst waterfalls are extremely dark when in shadow.
- Terrain and water issues.
- Affinity decays with mate during trial period (to make it easier for them to reject you), and subsequently until pups are born.
Patch 1.0.7h (18 August 2021)
Watch this video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KqKhumMXrE
- Earn achievements by completing core game activities, going above and beyond those basic actions, exploring the maps, and playing through your wolf's long life.
- Note that you must be logged into your WolfQuest game account to earn achievements.
- All achievements can be unlocked only in single-player except for those in the Multiplayer section.
- Some Life Arc achievements can be unlocked only in new Slough Creek games (as the necessary data wasn't collected until now).
- Filtering options on My Wolves and Setup New Game: Search by wolf name or pack name, show only ironwolves, hide dead wolves.
- Filtering options on Load Saved Game and Save Game panels.
- New option to select and delete multiple files at once on Save Game and Load Saved Game panels.
- Tweaked the "Sync Completed" alert so it only appears for 1.5s and disappears automatically.
- Runt is now indicated on Family Trees.
- Added option to disable cloud saves in Account panel.
- Current perks are shown on player's panel in Pack Info in single-player games (was previously only shown there in MP games).
- Better texture for river pebbles in Amethyst (less obvious tiling on Beautiful and lower graphics qualities).
- Slightly revised wolf gallop animation, with some head up/down movement.
- Switched to another sagebrush model for Basic Sky & Veg mode (actually, it's the sagebrush from the original game -- looks better and doesn't sway oddly in the wind).
- Increased lifespan of pup scent tracks, so they are more likely to be visible for lost pups.
- Increased LOD distances on high graphics quality levels (so animals have dynamic snow at longer distances from wolf).
- Made claws darker on wolves with light coats.
- Reduced size of aspen trees in Slough Creek.
- Increased pups' odds of dying from sickness.
- Ungulate mothers with young juveniles won't choose grass patches near the rendezvous site anymore.
- New versions of MacOS don't support 3D clouds, so those are now disabled at all quality levels, with option to override (and alert if you do so).
- Logjam in Amethyst is now rendered on Basic Sky & Vegetation mode.
- Increased ambient light a bit in Amethyst.
- Various bugs with logging into account.
- Various bugs when syncing user files to cloud server.
- Sometimes wolves get duplicated in My Wolves carousel.
- Glitches when typing on World Map custom markers.
- On Pack Info, Homes says "den not selected" instead of "rendezvous site not selected" on reload.
- Sometimes wolf will not move.
- Golden eagle sometimes behaves oddly when swooping down to grab a snowshoe hare.
- Health Perception sound effect doesn't respect audio settings.
- Wolf nametag is layered in front of wolf badge.
- Courtship heart meter is layered in front of wolf badge.
- At end of dream sequence, on low-end computers the game can freeze for awhile, and in MP even crash. (POSSIBLE FIX -- please report if it happens to you!)
- Keyboard glitches and submit issues using controller to rename mate and pups.
- Loaf at Rendezvous Site doesn't finish if you are asleep when your last pup reaches 20 pounds.
- In certain non-standard graphics quality settings, the mid-distance terrains are not rendered when they need to be.
- After loading a multiplayer saved game, stranger packs all have lots of wolves, regardless of number of players.
- Bones and sticks sometimes aren't postioned correctly in pups' mouths (probably fixed).
- Rock den northwest of McBride has very very very small opening.
- Pack wolves sometimes don't return to their territory after losing a fight.
- Wolf skips crawling-in animation at one burrow den.
- When in water, player-wolf sits down when pupcam is activated.
- Pups often stand up and then sit or lay down immediately (fixed most common causes of this).
- Some big rocks in Amethyst have inaccurate colliders.
- Mate emits stranger-wolf floating scent during certain activities.
- Terrain, rock, and water issues.
Patch 1.0.7g (22 July 2021)
Watch this video to learn more: "Better Late Than Never" at https://youtu.be/mwWpDESFNZE
- Cloud syncing of user game files (saves, wolves, and family snapshots). These user files will be uploaded to the game server automatically when you first run the game. Subsequently, local and server versions of all files will be compared when starting the game, and if conflicts are found the player can choose from options to merge, push local versions, or pull server versions. Saves are also synced during gameplay.
- A new alert (envelope icon) appears in lower-left corner of screen for a few seconds when you launch the game and there's an unread message, and if a message arrives while playing the game.
- Added the wagon trail that runs through Slough Creek from west to east (in real world, runs from trailhead to a ranch outside the park boundary).
- Stranger packs' home hexes in the territory map are now marked with a small dot. (These hexes cannot be taken from those packs.)
- Hex icon on compass now indicates if you are in a strongly-claimed hex (above 50%).
- Alert popup about marking a strong hex has improved language (basically clarifying that you should always mark a hex if you're passing through, but don't make a special trip when hexes are still strong), made this alert pause the game to give players time to read it, and it only appears once per game session (instead of twice).
- New struggle animation for July mule deer fawn, when standing still and being attacked.
- Bison have finally learned how to swim properly (correct animation).
- Mate will feed pups when predator is attacking. (Regression from last fix.)
- Sometimes mate will regurgitate when there's a carcass available for pups to eat.
- Sometimes mate can kill prey with one bite.
- When hunting alone, mate does not avoid dangerous prey animals in its patch, including bison, which can lead to inadvertent death. (Mate now will behave more intelligently, either hunting or avoiding the prey.)
- If mate is killed by dangerous prey, it freezes in place (sometimes running in place) and won't fall over dead.
- Pup bark audio plays before mouth moves.
- The front paws of summer pups are angled oddly (probably fixed).
- Repeating pattern in Slough Creek large rocky outcrops.
- Scrolling the wolf bio panel on Pack Info makes the game camera zoom in or out.
- Dead bull moose cuts a long swath in grass.
- Sometimes wolf is way too obsessed with scratching and licking itself when sitting.
- Some music glitches.
- Occasionally unable to delete an ironwolf.
- Summer pup tail wag distorts the body at the base of the tail.
- Elder ironwolf savename is incorrect.
- In My Wolves, controller right thumbstick doesn't work to rotate wolf.
- In Slough Creek, the nighttime aurora borealis are angled severely, making them look very narrow.
- If player changes graphics quality to a level that requires more VRAM than computer has, an alert appears -- but cannot be closed, so player must force quit the game.
- When using controller, if wolf is sleeping very near to a pup, tapping A to wake up will also trigger regurgitation.
- Player-wolf can get stuck in hole in rocks just below the Slough Creek spawn point.
- Lost River: No distant animal voices in the night after midnight.
- Incorrect information in alert about waiting four hours to turn marking into scent post (should be about reinforcing scent post you just created).
- Terrain, rock, and vegetation issues.
Patch 1.0.7f (1 July 2021)
This patch has two significant changes: we have overhauled the AI code to make it more efficient in terms of memory, so loading times and RAM memory usage during gameplay are noticeably improved. And we fixed a bug with the AI that can hurt performance, sometime a little, sometimes a lot. This has been most noticeable at times during Raise Pups and Rendezvous Site quests, but also can occur during elk hunts and other gameplay.
NEW OPTIONS IN GRAPHICS QUALITY:
- In Game Settings> Graphics Quality, two new options for customizing your graphics quality:
- Mid-Distance Terrains are disabled on low quality settings, but you can now override this to make them appear. This will substantially improve the game scenery, especially when looking out over a vista, but will reduce performance on integrated graphics. Also, by making this terrain appear, there won't be large rocks floating in the distance above the basic terrain.
- Scent Glow on Animals and Dens: This is also disabled by default on lower quality settings, but you can now enable it separately. When enabled, animals and dens will glow in scent view when you are close to them.
- Overhaul of AI code, now has smaller memory footprint (for shorter loading times and less total memory usage when playing the game).
- In multiplayer territory games, boosted player marking effectiveness, especially in games with more players.
- In multiplayer, host can give their pack a name to replace "Your Pack" in left column header.
- In multiplayer, there is now an option to cancel when the Quit/Leave Game panel is open.
- Sky at night is incorrect (lags actual star positions by a few months).
Added tutorial tip when wolf drops carcass in water, to clarify that this is not a bug.
- Some improvements to distant tree appearances in Amethyst.
- Mate will not feed pups now if a predator is lurking nearby (indicated by the red predator alert icon).
- Tweaks to nighttime lighting and brightness.
- Improved clarity of some text in multiplayer sleep alerts.
- Sometimes the AI logic gets in a loop and slows down the overall game performance.
- Mate won't hunt summer mule deer fawns.
- Sometimes snow accumulates on the ground before snow begins to fall from the sky.
- Various music glitches.
- In multiplayer Fixed Sleep Schedule mode, problems ensue if player is standing in water with something in its mouth when the next sleep period arrives.
- In Fixed Sleep Schedule mode, when one minute remains until sleep, readout in Pack Info does not have correct tense.
- Grizzly cub in springtime does not have scent glow.
- A particular issue with wolf eye coloration in Wolf customizer when on Basic Sky & Veg mode.
- Occasionally the previous year's elk calves persist into spring and summer.
- Flooded oxbow ponds are white in May, when seen at a distance.
- Through circuitous effort, player can create an Ironwolf game on Easy difficulty.
- Stranger wolves often don't return to their own territory after a fight.
- Ponds in First Meadow are white, when viewed at a distance.
- Occasionally a duplicate Family Snapshot is generated by mistake.
- Scent posts are visible at long distances.
- When at rendezvous site, pupcam music does not play when in pupcam mode.
- In Lost River, when sun is low near the horizon, the terrain does not always block light and shadow.
- Wolf does not adjust its footing if standing or lying on a carcass when the carcass sinks into the ground.
- If wolf is looking to the side when Photo Mode is enabled, the right-arrow key moves the wolf's head rightward.
- In the main menu, territory config and sleep mode selections are not remembered for subsequent sessions.
- Some creeks in Slough Creek