Patch 1.0.6p (12 March 2021)
- In multiplayer, chat settings are saved and used in future sessions.
- Cougars are now sometimes a bit harder to chase away when stalking pups.
- Switched Amethyst winter creeks to have ice texture matching those in Slough Creek.
- Multiplayer game saves sometimes fail to load. (Two causes of this are now fixed.)
- Saving game fails, shows error. (One cause of this is now fixed.)
- Save Game button sometimes is not displayed in Options menu (gets stuck when Quest Completion popup is blocked).
- Pups in Family Tree preview sometimes are deformed.
- When elk are alarmed (head held high), their tongue pokes through lower jaw slightly.
- As seen from the ridge, Lamar Valley in winter has some poor texturing.
- In summertime, Slough Creek creek audio can have odd audio effects.
- There's a paucity of cow moose in May.
- One meat chunk on buck mule deer carcass depletes carcass food too much.
- Elk float too high in the water when swimming.
- When player goes into den and sees mate already in there, mate has some excess/overlapping meshes.
- Adjusted placement of one meat chunk in the mouth.
- Removed some excessively-cautious words from the badwords list.
- Correction to Learn to Hunt game help text.
- Big Blaze has miscolored claw.
- Wolf Customization has DLC "?" button on other panels besides Coat.
- Water and terrain issues.
Hotfix 1.0.6n2: DLC coats on dispersals
- Dispersals and grown pups do not get DLC coats even if player has purchased them. This fix will only be effective in new games. Sorry about that!
- F11 does not open bug reporter in main menu.
Patch v1.0.6n (4 March 2021)
Yellowstone Wolf Pack DLC now available! Go to My Wolves, then Coat Customization and scroll down to preview the new coats (Founders, Hall of Fame, and Cool Coats) on your wolf. Click the Buy button to go to Steam or itch.io to purchase the coats. They will immediately be available for your wolves.They will also be eligible to appear on dispersal wolves and grown pups in any new game that you start after purchasing this DLC. (Note that if you have the game from Steam, your purchase is tied to your Steam account. If you have the game from itch.io, you must have a WolfQuest game account, as that is where your purchase is recorded.)
- When in Endless Summer quest, you can now regenerate your family snapshot in the Pack Info panel. This will replace the snapshot that was taken previously when completing the Loaf at Rendezvous Site quest. (Useful if you change a mate or pup name, or if a pup dies and you want to be honest about it.)
- On Apple Silicon computers, wolf feet now touch ground, and alert appears in main menu about bugs.
- Female wolf does not appear pregnant in Slough Creek until you save and reload the save.
- If your wolf is female and save your game in Slough Creek before having pups, then start a new game in Amethyst, your wolf will be pregnant there.
- Moose calf in August grew up too fast.
- In Slough Creek, on Basic Sky & Veg mode, audio controls do not affect rain and snow sounds.
- Tall grass patches disappear in August.
- Snow does not accumulate on distant landscape in spring and summer in Slough Creek.
- Player gets stuck if notification appears while dreaming.
- In Wolf Customization, can't click drag to rotate wolf.
- New Mate quest (sometimes) appears after game over when a pregnant mate dies.
- Scent tracks sometimes stop abruptly.
- Scent tracks get suddenly older.
- All stranger wolves are interested in courtship. (Bug introduced in February -- Valentine's Day Special! -- and fixed now in new games but will persist in saved games from the past several weeks.)
- All dispersals and stranger wolves have the same level of interest at the start of courtship (should be vary some).
- World Map does not remember state of Show Dens button during Raise Pups quest.
- Regurgitated meat does not glow in scent view.
- Errors loading a save with carcass scent tracks spawned.
- Water and terrain issues.
Patch v1.0.6m (23 February 2021)
- Refactored scent system to make it more robust. This should reduce or eliminate bugs with disappearing scent tracks and pups leaving tracks when carried, along with improvements to how the scents are laid down when the animal makes sharp turns, and what happens when a pup enters and exits a den.
- Notably faster loading times when starting new game or loading saved game.
- Spring flood ponds in First Meadow retain their shapes when seen from far away.
- Better creek sound effects.
- Switched to new rocky-ground terrain texture in Amethyst with much better tiling.
- Improvements to terrain texturing in Amethyst and Slough Creek.
- Improvements to June elk calf limb movements when being carried.
- In Wolf Customization, the Coats panel is taller to show more rows, and clicking and scrolling is more intuitive.
- When fleeing predators, elk should often pull their heads back, but don't. (This was in the game originally but broke at some point, probably a long time ago.)
- Predator music bugs (same clip plays repeatedly, wrong clip plays).
- Female wolf sometimes does not have pregnant belly in winter and early spring.
- Game accepts keyboard inputs when another app has focus. (Really fixed time!)
- Game sometimes pauses during courtship in Lost River.
- Quest music doesn't play reliably at start of each quest.
- Terrain switches back to previous season in certain situations.
- In Lost River, game sometimes pauses for some seconds during courtship.
- One stick rides too high in the pup's mouth.
- In multiplayer, buggy behavior after clicking Exit Game or Main Menu buttons.
- Lost River music keeps playing when returning to main menu.
- Wolf ears do not fold back when howling while lying down.
- Mate is unable to enter tree stump den.
- Pup carcass oddities when carried by parent.
- Some save game errors and failures.
- Pups won't exit tall grass if parent is inside as well.
- Pups will follow player far away from the den or rendezvous site if trying to respond to a social emote.
- If terrain quality is low or very low, but Enhanced Sky & Vegetation mode is enabled, dirt dens do not have holes in ground.
- When adding a player to a pack, can't click OK button to continue adding more players but must click Done and then reopen Packs panel.
- In main menu, wolves in the My Wolves carousel are floating a bit off the ground.
- Map labels for two ponds are in wrong spot.
- Grizzly cub and elk calf can get stuck in turning animation.
- In very particular circumstances, a litter can have zero pups.
- Winter can rudely interrupt Endless Summer in Slough Creek.
- Fish sits a bit high in the mouth.
- Text edits and corrections.
- Terrain and water issues.
Patch v1.0.6l (13 February 2021)
- Made mates in Slough Creek somewhat more likely to go hunting and marking on their own.
- Main menu is broken if there are no wolves available.
- In multiplayer, game cannot be saved if a player marks a scent post and then leaves permanently.
- Floating tree saplings near Little Butte.
Patch v1.0.6k (12 February 2021)
As of this patch, multiplayer is not backward-compatible with previous patches, so you must be sure to have this patch to see games in the lobby (and for others to see your games).
NEW SAVE-GAME SYSTEM:
We have rewritten the save-game system to be more robust and reliable:
- Should reduce the chances of a corrupted save.
- Game screenshots are now embedded in the save file, rather than stored separately in the Screenshots folder.
- Save files are much smaller than before.
This also includes improvements to the wolf files:
- You can now rename a wolf without having to create a duplicate
- Multiple wolves can have the same names without causing problems.
- More placenames added to Slough Creek map.
- Reduced territory decay (after pups arrive) in Accurate difficulty.
- Reduced the maximum strength for stranger wolf hexes at the start of Slough Creek, to give players more time to claim hexes before the strangers start expanding.
- All the ground clutter and other objects (like fossil forest and ranger cabin) are switched to new shader with dynamic snow that better matches snow on terrains.
- Added confirmation dialog after clicking to move to a new den or rendezvous site.
- In Slough Creek spring and summer, replaced several terrain textures with new textures that don't have such obvious tiling patterns.
- New music sfx when entering another hex in your territory, when creating a scent post, when hex strength reaches 100%, when discovering a den, when a pup is sick and when a pup recovers.
- Many music fixes. A few tricky ones remain, so please report if you hear any.
- When pups first emerge from den, player spawns on rock at far NE rock den.
- Added tip about Pupcam to Pup Interaction tutorial tip.
- Newborn elk calves are invisible when hiding in grass. (Actually not invisible, just very very small.)
- Bull elk antlers (springtime) have too-close LOD distance.
- Bull elk bugling audio does not carry very far.
- Main Menu grass density is inconsistent in quality levels.
- Some account register/login issues.
- A newly-created wolf is considered "experienced" (i.e. has finished Amethyst previously) if you create it right after modifying an experienced wolf.
- Tutorial tips about mate and pup commands sometimes appear before Raise Pups quest intro.
- Rock den lacks water when flooded.
- Odd white squares appear on compass in multiplayer games.
- Players can create a wolf without a name.
- Aspen trees near cliffs in Amethyst are missing in Basic Sky & Veg mode.'
- Several patches of tall grass are floating above the ground in First Meadow.
- Game gets stuck loading into multiplayer if player previously entered MP or SP game but left very quickly.
- Player-wolf can glitch inside several rock dens if they try.
- Dirt den roots are disconnected from den ceiling.
- Mule Deer fawn and grizzly cubs have wrong/missing scent glows.
- Many terrain and water tweaks.
Patch 1.0.6j (26 January 2021)
- Scent track readouts do appear.
- Controls remappers sometimes ignores input to assign a new key or controller button.
- Display and input issues with Friends/Pack panel.
- Terrain and water issues.
For non-Steam-Windows platforms, this patch also incorporates the short-lived 1.0.6i patch that we released yesterday, 25 January 2021, for Steam-Windows:
- Tweaked the way the scents are laid down behind animals as they move, considerably reducing the delays involved in that.
- For some players, the Shake Off inputs (A and D keys; left stick wiggle on controller) don't work to shake off attacking wolves.
- Pupcam can follow pups into the den.
- In spring and summer, grizzly cubs switch to older cub body upon dying.
- Snow accumulates on ground around tree dens in late spring and summer, when it should not.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6h - (23 January 2021)
- Five new black coats for NPC wolves. These are variations on existing coats, modified to look distinctive. They are not available in the Wolf Customization panel, but dispersal wolves have a chance of getting these coats. Grown pups can also get them (which is the only way to play as a wolf with one of these coats). (Why did we add these? We were having trouble preventing multiple wolves from having the same coat, due to the paucity of true untinted black coats, so now NPCs have five more black coats to choose from, which along with some other measures should prevent duplicates.)
- When Pack Territories are displayed on the World Map, a new toggle in lower-right will display all territories' hex strength percentages (intended for controller usage but might be helpful to anyone.)
- If starting a new game in Amethyst with a wolf who has completed those quests before, the game now shows the episode introduction and then skips the Learn to Hunt quest info, going directly to Find a Mate quest.
- Reduced the wait time to reinforce a scent post from 24 hours to four hours. (Because stranger wolves can degrade your territory within that time, it's confusing to get a "Too Soon!" alert when the territory is clearly weakened, so we are reducing this delay period confusion.)
- Modest increase in the odds that a grizzly bear will attack pups at the den.
- Establish Territory quest doesn't require a specific territory gain or den discovery action to reach completion. (Previously did, so was possible to meet requirements but not trigger completion. Completion requirements themselves are unchanged.)
- Reduce the odds that multiple dispersals, or multiple pups in a litter, will have the same coat as adults.
- Reduced odds and damage from fall/winter calf elk kickoff.
- Reduced wolf max speed when carrying moose calf.
- Added flattened grass at rendezvous sites and in meadows in springtime.
- Game remembers if dens and rendezvous sites were toggled on or off in World Map.
- Added some anti-cheat measures to multiplayer.
- Game stalls when loading a multiplayer saved game for Lost River.
- Sometimes the Show Dens button doesn't appear when it should on World Map.
- Distant landscape in early spring has no snow. (Still working bug with those landscapes having no snow in late spring and summer.)
- In multiplayer, the chat panel covers up part of the Accounts panel, blocking the Add Friend input field.
- White wolf coat has a weird white mark at the tip of the tail.
- Occasionally you'll get the "Dangerous Territory" alert when marking in the central area of the map.
- On the World Map, some custom markers are rotated based on the player-wolf's orientation in the game world.
- Courtship banners for a few wolves don't match the coat.
- Player-wolf can get stuck on rock face of den.
- Game accepts keyboard inputs when another app has focus.
- Pack naming GUI displays repeatedly.
- Pup can get stuck in grass and refuse to come out.
- When getting a new mate out of a group of siblings in Slough Creek, the siblings and your new mate turn against each other immediately.
- Mackenzie coat has a bit of white on the upper eyelid with some fur settings.
- Snow can accumulate inside dirt dens.
- Patchy fur on pup chin.
- Moose calf has odd coloration when fur is disabled.
- No gallop sound effect when wolf is running up steep hill.
- Boltz coat has pattern mismatch on crown of head.
- Sometimes the wolf coat when fur is disabled doesn't match the coat when fur is enabled.
- In certain cases, game freezes when remapping controls.
- Renaming a pup that's in the den gets "(In Den)" permanently added to its name.
- Some mismatch between characters allowed in password fields on Register and Login panels.
- On some computer hardware and game graphics settings, water bodies float in air when sprinting.
- Pups can get stuck alongside river in certain situations.
- If mate commands pups into den, the command lingers even if the player or mate returns home.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6g - (17 January 2021)
- New Find a New Mate subquest in Slough Creek: If your mate dies in Slough Creek, a new subquest begins to find a new mate. This uses the same mechanics as Amethyst Find a Mate, except there is no trial period -- they join the pack immediately.
- New Endless Summer quest after completing Loaf. (If you load a saved game that has already completed Loaf, the Loaf conclusion will appear again.)
- Mate will occasionally go into the den, if at least one pup is tired.
- Mate won't eat meat chunks unless they are hungry.
- Game now ignores keyboard inputs when another program has focus.
- Allow spaces in player-wolf name.
- Added (In Den) status to mate on Pack Stats.
- Visual improvements to fresh snowfall on ground.
- Family Tree layout will flex properly at lower resolutions.
- Adjusted grass so some of it appears in scent view.
- Reduced sickness odds a bit.
- Can change name of trial mate.
- When loading a game, all sticks and bones use the same bone model.
- Distant terrain does not get dynamic snow in May and later.
- Bored eagle notification appears for bored wolves.
- Elk calf carcass has furry innards.
- Mate can get stuck near rocky outcrop in certain situations.
- In one area of First Meadow, water splashes are heard while on dry land.
- Summer moose calf turns lighter color when it dies.
- Saddle Meadows floating scent uses old den icon.
- Elk calf carcass leg movement is suboptimal.
- Black squares and other terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6f - (8 January 2021)
- Added quality levels for territory decay in Slough Creek, so on Easy, the player's territory decays substantially more slowly than before. (Challenging is unchanged, and Accurate is now slightly higher.)
- Many optimizations to prevent severe performance slowdown when many AI actions are occurring.
- Adjustments to ensure more variety in dispersal wolf coats.
- Allow spaces in pup and mate names.
- Added "Pack" to header in Family Tree.
- Ponds in April have ice underneath water (also fixes a rendering glitch with these ponds).
- Increased ambient lighting at dusk and dawn on Basic Sky & Veg mode to match that in Enhanced mode.
- Enlarged the area for den and rendezvous site music to play.
- All wolves have fur even in No Fur mode in Slough Creek.
- Occasionally wolf starts spinning uncontrollably.
- Pup is visibly outside tall grass when they are technically in hiding.
- Subquest tabs and panels are messed up on Quests panel.
If killed soon after a season change, snowshoe hare coat changes color when it dies.
- In Family Tree, "Play as wolf" button doesn't work in a particular case.
- Two rendezvous sites have the same ID name, so loading a save for one puts you at the other site.
- Various glitches with animal movement.
- Summer elk calf is instantly mostly consumed when it dies.
- Newborn mule deer fawn glows in scent view.
- Issues with renaming mate and pups on Pack Info.
- Den can flood while player is away, forcing pups outside into danger.
- At end of Loaf quest, problems ensue if player-wolf has something in its mouth when the howling and spiral-up camera.
- At end of Find a Den quest, you can exit den by tapping a movement key, breaking elements of the season transition.
- Weird pup body angles when standing on regurgitants.
- Water and terrain issues.
- Typos and text edits.
PATCH 1.0.6e - (5 January 2021)
The wolves shown in the Family Tree are from snapshots taken at the end of Amethyst and at the end of Slough Creek. If you change your wolf between those snapshots, those changes will not appear in the Family Tree. However, this patch has some improvements so if you get a new mate and give them the same name as your mate in a previous snapshot, the game should detect that and create a new snapshot.
- Increased pup hunger in the summer, so they will require more food, and reduced the affinity threshold at which point pups leave the tall grass patches.
- Reduced odds of den flooding a bit more.
- Family Tree: Skip dying wolves when taking a snapshot (was creating a duplicate pup in the snapshot), several new measures to ensure that the game takes a new snapshot if a wolf is different than in previous snapshot.
- Pups now have smaller scentprints than adult wolves.
- Allow the mate to follow the pack into water at all times.
- Revised alert text if mate is starving while permadeath is disabled.
- Better/longer looping music when viewing and naming newborn pups.
- You can choose a rendezvous site outside your territory, and a notification now tells you that if you try.
Player can get stuck after naming their pack at the end of Establish
- Territory quest.
- Summer pup freezes when being carried.
- Burned tree at rendezvous site has no collider.
- Pup may be considered safe in tall grass but visually is outside it.
- One of the sticks that pups can carry about is shiny.
- Red-brown stranger wolves have taken over Slough Creek. (Error in tint settings, corrected now but will only affect new games.)
- Grizzly spring/summer cub carcass mismatch with dying body. (Can still get stuck in dying animation, which will be fixed in next patch.)
- Mule deer fawn carcass is invisible at some distances.
- Mate gets confused/stuck/can't figure out where to go.
- Mate sometimes moves past den when returning from a lone hunt
- Bark on one Douglas-fir tree type is nearly black.
- One dirt den doesn't show in scent view.)
- Mule deer fawn carcass is crumpled oddly when laying on ground.
- Mule deer fawn carcass has wrong body-scent color.
- Ambassador wolves have a bit of white around the edge of their eyes.
- When creating a multiplayer game, the Text Chat and No Chat options are buggy.
- In multiplayer games, the word "mate" is blocked incorrectly.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6d - (2 January 2021)
We are rolling this patch out. It's available now for Windows on Steam. Mac and non-Steam patches coming soon.
- Den now shows your den name in scent view after you have selected it.
- Reduced the amount of foam in sloping sections of creeks.
- Reduced the odds of a flooded den.
- Camera is frozen for client players at the start of multiplayer.
- Subquest popup about newborn calves and fawns does not appear at all. (Should and now does appear in early June.)
- "Hide and Snack" for newborn calves and fawns plays in a smaller radius around the mother than it should, so sometimes newborn is outside music trigger range.
- Game can be saved, or auto-save can occur, after mate dies, before game is terminated, causing problems.
- Snowprints don't disappear when snow melts.
- Wolf can get stuck when sliding into a rock.
- Text typos and errors.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6c - (1 January 2021)
- In Establish Territory quest, if you claim 15 hexes and get them above 50% strength, but have not found four dens yet, there's new button on that quest panel that will reveal as many dens as you need to meet that requirement.
- Made the "Sick pup" notification pause the game so players have time to read it.
Increased the duration of non-pausing notifications a bit.
- Enlarged the star icon on World Map during Journey to Slough Creek to make it easier to spot.
- Adjusted excessively high food points on one cow elk meat chunk.
- Changed scent name for coyote, wolf, and fox dens to "Abandoned ___ Den" for clarity.
- Performance improvement when pups are eating.
- Various other text edits.
- In some saved games that have reached the Journey to Slough Creek quest, the star does not appear on map or compass.
- Camera is frozen at start of multiplayer games.
- Mate and pups climb / glitch all over the rock above one particular rock den.
- Distant landscape does not have snow on it in early spring.
- Sometimes game performance drops when pups are eating.
- If your mate dies in the Leave Slough Creek mission, you are automatically taken to Slough Creek.
- Summer moose calf carcass disappears if you switch to Scent View and back out.
- If you choose to reset tutorial tips in mid-game, you may see all the previous tips all at once.
- If pups refuse to go into den and player tries to go into den, they are sent right back out without seeing the problem.
- Ground around tree dens is wonky in winter.
- Low poly terrain bulges above main terrain in SE SC.
- Can get stuck at a particular dirt den when trying to dig it out.
- Mule deer fawn in July gets bigger when it dies.
- Animals leave snowprints on exposed gravel ground.
- Player glitches when trying to walk into rock den in northeast area.
- Terrain and water issues.
PATCH 1.0.6b - (31 December 2020)
- Reduced stranger wolf territory strength at the start of Slough Creek, so they have to spend some time strengthening their own hexes before they can start expanding their territory. (Will only be in effect in new games in Slough Creek.)
- One territory hex is offset.
- Some water is pixelated on MacOS.
PATCH 1.0.6a - (31 December 2020)
Mate Commands tutorial tip incorrectly said to Growl to send mate back to den, should be Woof. Sorry about that!
- Reduced territory decay rate during Establish Territory quest by 10%. Should make it a bit easier to claim and maintain your hexes.
- Reduced territory decay rate on Easy difficulty after pups have arrived significantly (Was accidentally set too high -- sorry!)
- Added clearer note in tips and notificatinos about dens glowing in scent view, to help you find them.
- Pups will come out of den or tall grass if commanded, even if there is a competitor or prey animal nearby (previously would stay in hiding).
- Game can occasionally get stuck at start of new episode, so the camera doesn't swing around behind the wolf and give the player control.
- Mate Commands tutorial tip incorrectly says to growl to send mate back to den, should be woof. Sorry about that!
- Two dens misclassified as wooded when they should be open.
- One territory hex in Slough Creek is offset.
- When using controller, some tips and notifications say "glyph" instead of showing the correct controller input icon.
- Den Info doesn't display in Pack Info in certain situations.
- Layout glitch when selecting an abandoned den again.
- Pup stuck in den (doing non-den things without exiting first).
- Mate can get stuck when exiting den.
- If all pups die, the game congratulates you on completing Slough Creek.
- Wolves swim in shallow flooded area in First Meadow.
- Wolf fight music can play during den attacks.
- Terrain and rock issues.
Patch 1.0.5f2 (16 December 2020)
- Improved debugging if game cannot save to disk.
- Added fallback method for saving games if game cannot save to normal location on disk.
- New alert when game detects that OneDrive is blocking the game from saving to disk.
- Reduced food value of meat chunks.
- Increased volume of Squeak emote audio.
- Snow does not accumulate on animals in warmer months (April to October). (Was in 105e but forgot to include it in patch notes.)
- Several significant glitches in multiplayer.
- Delay when click-holding right mouse button to orbit camera when wolf is moving.
- Animals are frozen when loading a very old single-player game save.
v1.0.5e (12 December 2020)
- On Wolf Customization, a new readout indicating if the selected wolf coat and tint value makes it a gray or black coat, in terms of K locus genetics.
- Hotkeys for Emote Favorites, using 1-7 numbers on your keyboard. (Press-hold on an Emote to add or remove it from the Favorites panel.)
- If game is unable to save to the Saves folder (for unknown reasons), game now offers option to collect more data to submit with bug report, which may help us solve the problem.
- Quest icons on each quest intro/completion panel.
- Family snapshot is saved after completing Find a Mate (or loading a game in the final quest in Amethyst). This will let you start a new game in Slough Creek (once it's released) without loading into Amethyst.
- On World Map, territory hexes now have a thick outline when above 50% strength, and opacity begins to drop at 70%.
- Added emotes: Woof and Squeak (these will be pup commands in Slough Creek, no effect in Amethyst).
- Added Camera Slope Auto-Adjust toggle in Game Settings: Gameplay. Disabling it will stop the camera from finding its preferred position above the ground on slopey terrain.
- Changed Pickup Object input from double-tap spacebar to press-hold spacebar (or A button on controller).
- The Y-Invert toggle for normal camera and headcam have changed to standardized game setting. The game should remember which way you prefer it, but if not, please open Game Settings: Controls and click the Y-axis toggles on or off.
- Controls Remapping: Alert appears if you try to map an action onto a key which already has an action mapped.
- For double-tap W for Gallop/Trot toggle: reduced the time window for the second tap, to make it less like to trigger gallop inadvertently.
- When kicking wolves with their front legs, ungulates will not kick quite as quickly in succession, giving the wolf a chance to get away.
- In multiplayer, hares and meat chunks should stay closer to wolf when dropping them to ground.
- In multiplayer, probably some reductions in teleporting during hunts and wolf fights.
- Snowshoe hare: Tweaked AI so it should react sooner to predators.
- Music now plays during scene loading.
- Wolf releases bite-hold on prey if prey runs into water.
- Reduced frequency of eagle cry when flying.
- Changed audio file loading method to reduce excess memory usage.
- Made snowshoe hare more wary of predators.
- In Amethyst in early November, you dream every time you sleep.
- Boulders sometimes have snow when they shouldn't.
- Carrying food in mouth plays dinnertime music.
- Camera lags and jitters when targeted during strafing.
- Snowshoe hare label is inconsistent.
- Autosave schedule progresses when game is paused.
- Some issues with controller support and navigating the main menu UI.
- Line break typo in Lost River mission intro.
- Photo Mode icon doesn't disappear when it should.
- Mouse wheel doesn't zoom on map.
1.0.5d (23 October 2020)
- Halloween decorations in Lost River (and a few in Amethyst Mountain).
- A few more controller improvements.
- In multiplayer, for client players, turning animals will turn to look in the direction of the turn (was previously only for hosts).
- Reduced fox spawning rate a bit.
- Changed texture on frozen creeks.
- Made some reductions in memory load.
- MacOS: Pack Territories overlay in World Map should now appear properly for everyone on MacOS.
- Boulders don't accumulate snow.
- Issues with small pond near Amethyst cliffs in fall and winter.
- Rebinding Bite/Eat/Drink button to Left Mouse Button causes problems.
- Competitors are delayed by 4-6 seconds after breaking free from a bite-hold before they can attack. (Bug fixed but there are other delays that keep them from attacking instantaneously.)
1.0.5c (11 October 2020)
- In multiplayer, you can now mute another player in Pack Info, so their text chat is hidden until you unmute them.
- In multiplayer, lockon arrow now appears over other player-wolves, so you can lock on and autorun to follow them.
- In multiplayer, when loading a saved game, the max number of players from the save is preserved.
- Added controller support for a few UI panels that were missing it (Load, Save, Game Settings, Account, My Wolves/Edit Wolf, Setup New Game, Lobby, Login and Register).
- Added controller support for World Map pan and zoom.
- Onscreen Keyboard now has an input field above that displays the text.
- Scent post active marking area is larger now, to make it easier to reinforce the post rather than accidentally create a new one.
- Multiplayer autosaves now have a -MP tag in name.
- Distant winter landscapes in Amethyst become oddly patterned if you switch to Basic Sky & Veg mode and then back to Enhanced.
- In multiplayer, animals, including players, sometimes end up deep underground and becoming invisible (probably fixed).
- In multiplayer, players may spawn at edge of map if host is near impassible areas or structures (especially common in Lost River due to all the buildings).
- Overlapping text in the "Time to Sleep" notification in multiplayer.
- Wolf sometimes floats in air when standing on mule deer carcass.
- If you click New Game, then Join Multiplayer, the map pulldown disappears (correctly), but does not reappear if you switch back to Single-player.
- In multiplayer, in rare circumstances, wolf can get stuck half underground, half above ground.
1.0.5b (1 October 2020)
- When loading a saved multiplayer game, the host can now change their wolf along with the game's difficulty, region, number of players, and access settings. They can also keep or remove the "wolves in limbo" (other players who were in the game when it was saved, and whose wolf is preserved in a limbo state in that game.)
- Players who leave a multiplayer game can now switch their wolf and then rejoin it with the new wolf.
- In a multiplayer game, the host can now kick wolves "in limbo" (who have left the game but their wolf remains for five minutes in case they return) without that counting toward the three-kick limit.
- Players who are in limbo (away from keyboard or have left the game without indicating they are not returning) have brackets around their wolf nametag, and that status is indicated in Pack Info.
- Death in multiplayer is reclassified as "near-death" (since you can revive without aid of veterinarian).
- New revive animation after near-death experience in multiplayer.
- In multiplayer chat, up to 12 all-caps letters are now allowed.
- Occasionally in multiplayer games, game is corrupted and cannot be saved.
- On some Mac computers, the pack territory overlay does not appear on the World Map. (We think we fixed this. Please report if we have or not!)
- At the end of pack rally, for client (non-host) players, the rally wolfhead icon does not (but should) flash black for 15 seconds before the rally ends.
- In the Quests panel, keyboard/controller icons do not appear correctly.
- When loading a multiplayer game, the Load panel shows Mate status, but there are no mates in multiplayer.
- In multiplayer, occasionally some creek pebbles have snow on them when it hasn't snow recently. * Fossil forest objects are too bright when covered in snow.
- In Lost River, animals walk slightly above concrete in one section of Hank's Ditch.
- Some trees grow out of boulders.
PATCH 1.0.5a (September 25, 2020)
NOTE: On some Mac computers, the pack territory overlay does not appear on the World Map. We have been unable to reproduce this so have added additional debug code to this patch. If you have this problem, please submit a bug report (F11 or via ESC - Options menu.)
- When client-player is leaving multiplayer game, we added explanatory text about wolf staying in limbo state for five minutes if the player is returning soon.
- When using a controller, controller icons appear now in mission intro panels instead of keyboard icons.
- When viewing a message from a pack, the Reply button now opens the Packs panel so the player can reply to everyone.
- Various connection issues when creating or joining a multiplayer game. (Fixes for several of these, along with better notifications. Quite possibly some similar bugs remain, so please submit reports if you experience them.)
- Players occasionally encounter enormous packs with 30 or more stranger wolves. (Possible fix in this beta, but if it happens to you, we need reports from host and other players.)
- In Accounts, Add Friend and Add to Pack input fields do not allow underscores or similar special characters.
- Occasionally players are unable to leave the game while sleeping because the "Are you sure" notification is not shown.
- When changing region in multiplayer lobby, the notification stays on longer than necessary.
- In Accounts: Add Friend, username remains in text field after sending the request.
- In Accounts: Packs: you can send a Pack message without a subject line.
- Some animals are missing snow after dying.
- Some unnecessary words removed from badwords filter.
Multiplayer Released! v1.0.5
September 18, 2020
We have released multiplayer for WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition! It’s available now in v1.0.5, and your game should automatically update via Steam or the WolfQuest game launcher. Multiplayer truly is the reason that WolfQuest has survived since the very first release in 2007 and we are thrilled to finally bring it back in Anniversary Edition.
- Create a public game that anyone can see in the multiplayer lobby and join.
- Create a private game with restricted access: All friends, Selected friends, or Packs. Only the selected players will see the game in the multiplayer lobby.
- Choose from two modes: Territory Quest, where players try to claim and maintain territory, and Pack Life, where players have an enforced no-mans-land (much like in single-player) so they don't have to worry about holding territory.
- Choose text chat or no chat. (For players under age 13, text chat is available only in private games with friends and packs. We will be adding phrase chat soon, which will be an option for everyone in all types of games.)
- NOTE: When creating and joining multiplayer games, please select the region and game with the lowest latency (under 150ms when possible). This will help keep latency (ping) as low as possible, minimizing in-game lag and teleporting for yourself and everyone else.
- If killed, you can revive yourself after ten seconds.
- If very low on health, use the new Quick Heal action, which converts some food in your stomach to health. Can only restore some health (capped at 40%). On keyboard, lay down, then press-hold the R key. On controller, lay down, then press-hold Y button and right trigger simultaneously.
- Pack Rally: If most players howl simultaneously, everyone earns a stamina boost, which lasts for about six minutes.
- On the World Map, other player-markers are displayed only when they are within two kilometers. If they howl, their marker will appear and remain displayed for one minute. If players do a Pack Rally, everyone's markers will be displayed for everyone else for the duration of the rally.
- When a player leaves the game, they indicate if they are planning to return soon or not. If returning soon, their wolf is put into limbo for five minutes and if they return within that time, they can resume where they were. This also occurs if they leave abruptly without clicking the Quit or Main Menu buttons (such as if they are disconnected from the game).
- In your Account panel, you can create a Pack (private group) and invite friends to join it.
- Send messages to pack members. (NOTE: There are a few known bugs with this: If a pack member sends a message, everyone but the host receives it, and you cannot reply to messages sent to a pack. The next patch should fix both of those issues.)
- When creating a new multiplayer game, select one or more packs to have private access to it.
NOTE ABOUT GAME SIMULATION
The game host runs the entire simulation, so more powerful CPUs can handle bigger simulations than weaker CPUs. The host's game runs a CPU benchmark test when starting a new game and uses that to set a cap on the number of spawned animals. If players mostly stay together, they should rarely be affected by this cap, but if there are a lot of players and they spread out, it's possible (especially if the host has a weaker CPU) to hit that cap. (The cap ranges from 50 animals for weak CPUs to 120 for powerful CPUs.)
FEATURES STILL TO COME
- We have many more features and refinements still to come, including:
- Controller support for Accounts panels, add some missing controls for multiplayer creation.
- Refinements to wolf and NPC animal turning (headlook, etc).
- Add multiple spawn points and different territory configuration for each.
- Host can name their pack.
- Phrase Chat
- MP Lobby filtering options.
- Improve jumping and falling as seen by other players.
- Enable contact emotes.
- Add descriptive tags that host can select when creating MP game.
- On some Mac computers, the Health and Hunger meters are empty when in Enhanced Sky & Vegetation mode. (Apparently some Mac systems do not support the new shine effect used during Quick Heal, so we have disabled that effect on all Macs, since there is no way to identify on which Macs it is a problem.)
- Grizzlies don't have correct swim animation.
- Some unnecessary words in the badwords list.
- Terrain texturing discrepancies.
- It's darkest before the dawn.....too dark.
PATCH 1.0.4a (24 August 2020)
NEW: Game Accounts
- Create an Account: Players can register a WQ:AE account either by upgrading a WQ 2.7 account or creating a new account. (2.7 usernames are reserved, so upgrade if you want to keep the same username, or create a new account if you want a new username, but you cannot register a new account with a username already claimed by someone in WQ 2.7.)
- Friends and in-game messages are working, though we have a number of refinements still do to.
- Packs and Achievements are not set up yet.
- Bison and stranger wolf scents adjusted for better differentiation.
- In Wolf Customization, changed "Stats" section name to "Attributes".
- Adjustments to stamina drain and recharge rates.
- Added notification about duplicating wolf when player changes wolf name in customization panel.
- Camera controls: If you move left, right, or backwards in scent view or headcam, when switching back to third-person view, the camera now retains the view angle from the first-person view rather than switching to behind-the-wolf view. Camera also does not reset now after sleeping or leaving Photo Mode.
- Floppy is dead. Long live Floppy!
- A few boulders in Amethyst have invisible sphere colliders, making wolf walk above it, on air.
- Some cougar sounds are truncated or sound bad.
- On World Map, territory hexes can show 0% strength while hex is tinted.
- Occasionally, wolf face is missing from badge.
- On some terrain quality levels, inconsistent amount of snow in distant view.
- Terrain texture and topography issues.
- Ravens and eagles often don't fly away when wolf gets close.
- Wolf carcass has two coats, can't decide which to use.
- Controller: Cannot access Attributes buttons.
- Amethyst ponds are green in certain lighting on low quality levels.
- Removed some unnecessary words from badword filter.
- Adjusted wolf howl volume.
- Lost River: Some collider issues around the bridge.
- Lost River: Some animals have spidey skills.
- Lost River: NPC animals walk high in the air above the wall along the BCE compound.
PATCH 1.0.4 (8/5/2020)
- Shake Off Attackers action (to break free when stranger wolves bite you): Input changed from spacebar to left/right movement inputs.
- These are A/D on keyboard and left/right leftstick on controller, but will change to whatever you have remapped that to.
- Most effective if you alternate left and right inputs.
- Old bull bison: These old bulls hang out in small groups throughout the game world. They're cranky and dangerous, so they are best appreciated at a distance.
- Wolf Stats: In Wolf Customization, you can now adjust your Strength, Health, Stamina, and Speed.
- Before you can boost any of those, you must take reductions on one or more stats.
- Changes will apply to your own wolf in saved games, but NPC wolves in saved games (before this update) will all be average.
- NPC wolves in new games will have randomized stats.
- Wolf can now howl when laying down.
- Left/right movement in scentview/headcam is now sidestep/strafe movement rather than turning.
- When fleeing from wolves, elk run a bit faster and turn less frequently, and are better at staying together as a herd.
- Elk calves keep running with the herd for much longer (their stamina decay was much too fast before).
- All prey animals have a new fast-sprint movement for a few seconds after shaking off wolf bite, to open up some distance.
- Ungulate calves and fawns can run in tighter circles, and mothers can run in somewhat tighter circles.
- Adjusted wolf attack speed: No longer a fixed high speed, but adjusts based on target's speed.
- Wolf stamina drains much more slowly.
- Wolf uses special gait when running up steep slopes.
- Scent View now renders sky and fog instead of dark gray background color.
- Grayscale exposure adjusted for better contrast with scents.
- Greatly improved scent view exposure at various times of day and night, to make scents more visible.
- Wolf pack territory colors on World Map adjusted for colorblindness.
- World Map has darker tint when pack territories are displayed, for better visibility of low-strength hexes.
- Scent posts are now only visible up to 250m away.
Adjustments to rim lighting on wolf coats, so they should look more natural at night.
- Many small improvements to sky lighting, stardome, atmospheric fog, and clouds, especially at night.
- Adjusted nighttime appearance of rocks at Amethyst waterfalls.
Changed floating scent icon for all carcasses to better differentiate it from scent post icon.
- Modified terrain setup to eliminate lag spikes when loading terrain chunks.
- Tweaks to snow dust particles generated by wolf movement.
- Reduced wolf's stamina drain rate substantially (due to faster elk speeds).
- Adjusted wolf howl volume at mid-distance.
- Stranger wolves can no longer attack player-wolf when latter is sliding down a steep slope.
- Adjusted some fight variables so competitors will take longer to flee during a carcass confrontation.
- Reduced volume of wolf snarls a bit.
- Bull moose are less aggressive at medium distance.
- Added restriction so no more than two stranger wolves can bite player wolf simultaneously.
- Adjusted Scentview/Headcam rotation sensitivity to better match third-person
- camera orbit sensitivity.
- Fossil forest objects are now walkable.
- Some new cougar sounds.
- Adjusted volume discrepancies during heavy rain and storm.
- Main Menu: In wolf bio, "AE" is blocked by badwords list.
- Ravens often don't appear at carcasses.
- Mate bounces up and down on carcass.
- Ungulate mothers sometime stand idle instead of defending calf under attack.
- Floppy can escape from her quarters.
- Wolf forelegs float in air when standing up from some lying down poses.
- Wolf body is not aligned with ground when sleeping on slope.
- Various glitches when walking on rocks.Camera clips into mate and stranger
- Player-wolf can get stuck on rocks and trees if being force-walked back from map border.
- Elk occasionally freeze up for some seconds.
- Mate very occasionally teleports far, far away from player.
- Wolf clips into ground in front of strip mall in Lost River.
- Health readout for Cow Elk Carcass says Elk Cow Carcass. (Why? We use that naming scheme for all animals so they stay organized alphabetically.)
- No elk herd at end of scent trail.
- Stranger scent posts can appear beyond the map border.
- Sometimes ground scents are very very faint in Fantastic and Glorious graphics levels.
- Player-wolf looks straight down during emotes when standing over carcass or meat chunk.
- Scent readout can get stuck with same age for long stretches of time.
- Overwrite Save popup gets stuck onscreen.
- Damage readouts appear over animal that camera is locked onto, even if player-wolf is biting a different animal.
- Mule deer fawn has wrong body glow color in scent view.
- In certain quality settings, sometimes a dark shape or smear appears near the sun.
- Fight/Flee meter on some competitors can get glitched, with the Flee meter rapidly rising and falling.
- Radio collar clips into wolf sometimes when lying down or walking or stalking.
- Sky is visible through hole in back of wolf's mouth.
- Cougar struggle animation doesn't loop well.
- Occasionally a duplicate wolf appears during courtship (duplicate of a dispersal).
- Wolf head looks down or vibrates when doing emotes while standing on carcass.
- Elk tongue sticks out of snout slightly when running.
- Delay in deleting game file when sleeping.
- Lost River: Floating scentprints over a warehouse.
- Lost River: Mate can get stuck when crossing the bridge.
- Lost River: Missing collider by Hank's Ditch storm drain (allowed player to go underground, then get stuck).
- Lost River: Dispersal wolves can go inside grocery store.
- Lost River: NPC animals can walk on air around the tunnel entrance.
- Lost River: Alley next to grocery store is too narrow to navigate properly.
- Terrain texture and bumpiness issues.
- On MacOS, on some Intel integrated graphics cards, distant trees are pixellated.
Patch 1.0.3j (6/2/20)
- Large granite boulders in Amethyst now appear at all quality levels/modes (previously only appeared in Enhanced Sky & Vegetation mode). Boulders have proper colliders now so you can't stick your head inside sometimes, and they are walkable! They also appear at longer distances, instead of popping into view at mid-distance.
- Improvements to wolf movement on steep rock faces.
- Improved organization of Game Help panels.
- Optimized performance when snow accumulates on animals.
- Moderate reduction in mule deer and moose frequency.
- Additional text in first mission dialog.
- Refinement to wolf head-turning.
- NPC animals sometimes decide to climb trees, unsuccessfully.
- Camera snaps back a bit after the wolf jumps off a rock or ledge.
- In Wolf Customization, the main theme continues to play instead of the customization music.
- One dead log on ground sometimes looks very wet, when it shouldn't.
- Sky sometimes shows through dream images.
- In Lost River, bridge does not block raindrops.
- Doe mule deer carcass is (still) masquerading as moose in scent view.
- Courtship panel sometimes appears when dispersal wolf is engaged in a fight, showing wrong wolf info.
- Selection-dragging text in save game input field causes errors.
- If your wolf is on a boulder when you save the game, your wolf may be stuck inside the rock when loading that save.
- Various terrain tweaks and smoothing.
Patch 1.0.3i (5/22/2020)
- Controls remapping: You can now remap mouse buttons to keyboard inputs and vice versa.
- In Graphics Quality, new option for Grass and Bush Variety: Low will be a bit faster.
- Some physics optimizations, which should improve performance if limited by CPU power (sometimes occurs when many animals are active in the game world, though most players are usually limited by GPU power) and possibly reduce some lag spikes.
- In the Quest panel, player's current quest is automatically displayed (instead of first quest in the list).
- Reduced odds of wolf carcass spawning.
- Slightly reduced odds of coyotes and mule deer spawning.
- Refinements in NPC animal turning movement.
- During winter season, after sleeping and dreaming at end of December, terrain is bare ground instead of covered with snow.
- Some areas of snow during Winter Season have obvious tiling patterns or are too dark or contrasty.
- Wolf can get stuck hovering in the air along rock face.
- Wolf sometimes climbs weirdly up a rock and then leaps off.
- Elk Hunt notification can appears when biting other prey and interrupt the action.
- Doe mule deer carcass is masquerading as moose in scent view.
- A dead log has orange rim glow.
- Scent View Tutorial Tip blocks input and scent controls while displayed.
- Typo on one dispersal wolf: Cinnebar instead of Cinnabar
- Animals occasionally will teleport when touching other animals.
- Visual glitches with dreams.
- Water splash audio sometimes stops when you zoom out and then back in again.
- In Lost River, fire tower and porch roofs do a poor job of blocking raindrops.
- Cow elk sometimes freezes when player bites calf.
PATCH 1.0.3h (5/9/2020)
- New music track, a fingerstyle guitar version of the old High Hunt theme; plays when hunting mule deer and moose at night.
- Reduced amount of RAM memory used by the game. Should allow the game to run more reliably on computers with less RAM.
- Mates will come closer to player-wolf when sleeping (that distance is still affected by personality).
- Small alert appears now if you unlock the cursor (to allow free cursor movement independeng of wolf controls) -- we suspect that some players do this inadvertently (by tapping the comma key) and then are confused when the wolf controls do not work properly.
GENERAL BUGS FIXED:
- Player-wolf sometimes jumps on slopes that are not steep enough to warrant a jump. * Cougar swims underwater.
- Fresh carcasses turn gory a bit too quickly when predators start eating them.
- Amethyst snow cover is inconsistent between near and far areas during Fall season.
- Amethyst: Gap in one area of mountain slope on Basic graphics mode.
- Amethyst: Can get stuck at edge of map north of Lamar River.
- In Wolf Customization, neck ruff slider resets each time you open the panel.
- Buck mule deer lose their antlers upon dying.
- Cougar chases player-wolf farther than it really should.
- Sometimes a lot of coyotes converge on carcasses.
- Typo in Cinnabar pack name.
- In rare situations, things go awry when loading an autosave, trying to place animals far away from the terrain, causing bad performance and game crash.
- If audio volume is set to zero, some audio still plays when starting a game.
- Lost River: Various rock and collider issues.
- Thin white border on some dream images.
PATCH 1.0.3f (3/26/2020)
* Main menu: Added popup window to display recent patch notes.
* Wolf Customization: Improvements to controller support.
* Wolf Bio: Can add line brakes now with Return/Enter key.
* Modest reduction in frequency of mule deer spawning.
* Refinements to snow effect on Amethyst cliff rocks.
* Removed a few unnecessary words from badwords list.
GENERAL BUGS FIXED:
* Ravens don't flock to carcasses.
* Mule deer fawn entirely underwater when swimming.
* Eagles are not quick enough to fly away when wolf approaches.
* Bite points on wolf rear legs not quite aligned correctly.
* Error that can prevent WQ game launcher (non-Steam version) from working properly.
AMETHYST BUGS FIXED:
* Cliff rocks have no snow in wintertime.
* On World Map during winter, map is tinted dark when Pack Territories are displayed, but does not untint when those are toggled off.
LOST RIVER BUGS FIXED:
* Floppy is not observing StayHome directives.
* Various issues with object colliders, getting stuck on stairs, etc.
* Dave's Bowl sign shines through rain, snow, and fog.
* Elk scent tracks enter grocery store.
* On MacOS, some logs near beaver dam are missing textures.
PATCH 1.0.3e (3/20/2020)
* Minor refinements to grizzly and fox behaviors and vocalizations.
* Added button for WolfQuest merchandise store on main menu.
* Enabled controller bumper buttons when selecting wolves in My Wolves screen.
* Visual cues for controller usage in main menu wolf customization.
GENERAL BUGS FIXED:
* Wolf sometimes does crouch animation when it bites galloping prey.
* Territory hex readouts are incorrect (inverted) -- we disabled those until we fixed this bug, so they are displayed again.
* Camera can go underground if you swing it around very quickly.
* Aspen and cottonwood trees are blotchy when viewed at a distance.
AMETHYST BUGS FIXED:
* In the fall season, animal snowprints are too bright at night.
* Lower section of Chalcedony creek has bright blue texture in winter.
* Winter objects (frozen waterfalls and creeks) don't appear on Mac computers.
LOST RIVER IMPROVEMENTS:
* The much smaller map for Lost River has created a variety of issues. One was that stranger packs had to venture out of their tiny territories to find elk herds, which was confusing since it was mostly unrealistic and differed from behavior in Amethyst Mountain. In this patch, we've adjusted those territories and given each pack an elk herd in its territory. Now they should be more likely to stay and hunt in their territory, but they may still occasionally venture out into the unclaimed central area to hunt. (These changes will only take effect in new games).
* This patch has a few more tweaks to object colliders, but there are still some problems, especially on the narrow steps of the fire tower and gas tanks. It's tricky because the wolf-controller wasn't designed for these narrow spaces. To solve this, and similar issues with the rugged rocky outcrops in Slough Creek, we're reworking some aspects of the controller to handle them better. It's a significant task and will take some time to get it working well.
LOST RIVER BUGS FIXED:
* Various issues with music.
* Prey animals can escape by going farther towards the edge of the map than wolves can. (Now they will turn back before the wolf has to.)
* Mate bounces like a superball when player is in fire tower or atop gas tanks. (Mate still won't go up those ladders--they're afraid of heights.)
* Mate flickers on and off when player is in northeast area of map.
* NPC animals can go underneath the elevated plaza in front of City Hall.
* Some strange clumps of trees here and there.
* Can get stuck if you venture close to the dam.
* Rain falls through roofs.
* Various collider issues.
PATCH 1.0.3d (3/17/2020)
LOST RIVER IMPROVEMENTS:
* We're working on various glitches with object surfaces and colliders. It's tricky because the wolf-controller wasn't designed for the intricate objects and ladders of Lost River. We had it working pretty well, but players are of course much more industrious and random with their actions than we had seen in beta testing. We've made some changes which should prevent getting truly stuck, but which will increase the chance of goofy vertical-climbing wolves, and are now working on some improvements for that, but they won't be ready for a few days.
* Reduced the number of wolves in stranger packs (will only take effect in new games).
GENERAL BUGS FIXED:
* The World Map goes in incorrect direction when you click-drag it.
* Rain and snow sound effects begin before rain and snow are visible.
* There can be a delay after killing elk to getting credit in the Quest panel.
* Note: Territory hex readouts broke at some point (inverted the percentage) so we are hiding them until that's fixed.
LOST RIVER BUGS FIXED:
* Various issues with music.
* NPC animals are sometimes oblivious to the presence of water in the beaver pond and reservoir.
* Some animals are too speedy in water.
* Animals are sometimes underground.
* Lost River stranger pack can get wiped off the face of the map.
* The Two Step waterfall and creek audio is not tied into Audio Settings (and volume for those sound effects is too loud).
* Can get stuck in far northwest corner of map, between border and steep hillside.
* Profusion of floating scent markers coming from