IF the GAME LAUNCHER Crashes
If the game launcher (wolf howling at sunrise) crashes, please submit a bug report to email@example.com that includes your computer specifications including your graphics card, and the launcher logs.
- On Windows,
- The launcher log can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\WolfQuest Anniversary Edition\launcher-log
- And the player log can be found here: C:\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\eduweb\WolfQuest_ Anniversary Edition\output_log.txt
- On Mac OS X:
- The player log can be found here: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log (You can open the Library folder via the Go pulldown menu.)
IF the GAME Crashes
If the game crashes and your computer meets the hardware requirements for the game, try this:
- Some Windows programs (firewalls, anti-virus and anti-malware programs) are overly cautious and block the game during launch (probably because the game tries to write to the hard drive, for saving games). Check those and add the game to the whitelist/allowed list. If the game is already listed, remove it and add it again.
- Update your graphics card drivers -- this often fixes a variety of problems.
If you have the WQ game launcher (after purchasing the game on WQ.org or itch.io), try this: Right-click on the game app icon and choose "Run as Administrator" in the contextual menu that pops up. This may only be necessary the first time, but try it again if the game crashes on subsequent launches.
- If you have the game on Steam, try Verifying the Game Data.
- Try our other Troubleshooting Tips.
If the game still crashes, then please submit a bug report to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your computer specifications including your graphics card, as well as the log from your computer.
- On Windows,
- On Mac OS X,
~/Library/Logs/eduweb/WolfQuestAE/Player.log (You can open the Library folder via the Go pulldown menu.)
Instructions on finding your computer specifications:
- To find your graphics card, search for "Device Manager" in the Start menu. Then look for Display Adapters, and expand it. Send either an image or the exact text you see under Display Adapters after expanding it.
- To find your other specifications, search for "About your PC" in the Start menu, and take a screenshot or copy the text in the "Device Specifications" section.
On Mac OS X:
- To find your specifications, click the Apple icon on the top left corner. From the drop-down menu, find and click on "About This Mac". We ask that you provide us with the information shown on the "overview" tab. This would mean the model numbers following: Processor, Memory, Graphics.